48 - Refusal

Pansy had been going nuts. Ron was getting clingy as weddings had started happening and she had been fighting with her mother this entire time about if she was coming to the wedding. Pansy's mother - Penelope - had been refusing to come to her wedding. Penelope wasn't happy that her daughter had fallen in love with a member of the Weasley clan,  who were blood-traitors in her mothers eyes - not that she could help it...she was sorted into this relationship. 

She had been doing a lot of thinking lately and it had really been bothering her that they had all been forced into relationships...how did no one see anything wrong with this? They were all still children and they were all married or about to be married...it was mad. 

Not only had she been contemplating the strange situations they had all been put in, but she had also been pondering what to do about her mother.

Penelope Parkinson was a vile woman and she hated her with all she was...but she is her mother - albeit she was being a hag refusing to come to her wedding...but did she really even want her there? Penelope Parkinson had taught her daughter that she was better than everyone - especially since they were a part of the sacred twenty-eight. Not only were they pure...they were also among the richest and highly regarded families in the wizarding world.She had been groomed to marry into the Malfoy family her entire life. In Penelope's eyes, Draco Malfoy would be the perfect husband to Pansy. Rich, Pureblooded, and from a respectable family. 

What Pansy didn't understand, was why her mother wouldn't approve of Ron if he was her supposed 'soulmate'. He was supposed to make her happier than anyone else - and so far he had.

Deciding she couldn't figure this out on her own, she decided it would just be best to ask Ron on his point of view. He usually had an answer - it wasn't always the correct answer - but he did usually have one. 

She found him in their common room talking and laughing with Blaise - which was a sight to see.

Sitting down beside him, she waits for their conversation to end of gives Blaise a look that said 'Leave.'

"What's up, Pans?" He asked softly

Sighing, she went through a quick explanation of her predicament with her mother, 

"I've reached a snag in our wedding invitations...My mother said she won't come to the wedding and I don't know what to do...because honestly, I don't know if I even want her there. She's a miserable, vile woman who taught me nothing but how to be a prejudiced prat...I hate that woman with all that I am...but she is my mother. But I can't bring myself to beg her to come so I was thinking, what if we just uninvite her? What do you think we should do?" She asks, sighing and leaning into her fiancé's shoulder. 

Ron thought for a moment before speaking - he could say idiotic things if he didn't think his answer through first. 

"Well...I want you do do what you feel is best. whatever that is, I will support you with it and you know my family will be there. But, in my opinion, I know you and I also know that you would never beg for anything and you absolutely despise your mother. Did I help at all?" He asks hopeful that his words provided some solace for her. 

He wasn't good with words - which she knew.

She muttered a quiet "Yes." Before succumbing to her many, many thoughts circling around her head. 

Ron was right. This was her decision to make and she knew that but didn't want to admit she had to make it on her own, sure he could offer his thoughts on the matter, but in the end it's her mother and decision. 

Thinking hard, she made a list in her head of reasons she should invite her mother; which consisted of: She is her mother, and inheritance.