XV. Beginning

Heart was pounding in Jungkook's ears, which woke him up suddenly. He opened his eyes and looked all around him, frowning. He wasn't in his bedroom. This room was tiny and a fainted light was coming from under the door. He could hear a low breath next to him. He frowned. His heart raced even more. He turned his head and let out a sigh. Jimin. He was hearing Jimin's breathing. Slowly, he started to remember where he was and what happened the day before. He worked at the coffee shop. He was worried about calling his lovely customer. And his friend Jimin proposed him to spend the night at his place. To help him relax and to support him. They had a nice evening. They ordered food. They laughed a lot. Then, it happened. He called Yoongi. Actually, Jimin accidentally called Yoongi, his handsome customer, the man he was fantasizing about. He was so worried and so nervous. He couldn't think properly. He couldn't speak, couldn't breathe. He was agonizing. He felt so ridiculous about that panic attack. Why couldn't he be normal? Why his body was reacting so strongly? He wished he was a confident young man. He wished he could talk to his crush on the phone without freaking out. He wished he could ask him on a date without stuttering like a scared child. He wished all that. But he knew it wasnt him.

And his reaction while talking to Yoongi on the phone the night before was the evidence of that. He was nervous, victim of his anxiety. He was trying his best to control it. Still, during the phone call, he acted childishly. Jimin was next to him, to help him. But he wasnt useful at all. Because Jungkook couldnt focus on anything. His mind was going wild. He was afraid of saying something bad, doing something bad. It maybe was the only chance he could have of talking on the phone with Yoongi. He didn't want to ruin it. And when he started to panic, he was sure he ruined everything. He was even ready to stop the call. He wanted to end it and act as if nothing happened. But Yoongi helped him. He had been so patient with him. He was caring. He was lovely. He was understanding. He didn't laugh. He tried to help Kook with his soothing voice. It worked. Jungkook didn't know how or why. He just started to breath again. He even asked Yoongi to teach him piano for his hard assignment. His charming customer agreed. With his kindness, he proposed to help Kook the next day, after his classes.

The next day was today. Their date would be today. At 5pm. After Kook photography classes. At the music university. Jungkook would have a date in few hours with the man he was falling for. Kooks heart stopped for a second and he put his left hand on his chest. He sat on the bed. A date. He really would have his first date with Yoongi. His first date ever. Actually, he didn't know if it was a real date. Maybe Yoongi was only thinking of it as a piano lesson. Still, for Jungkook it was so much more. It was his chance of learning more about this mysterious customer. He was so nervous. He never had a date. Some people asked him on a date before. And he never said yes. But this time, he was glad to day yes. Which was amazing. He was finally having a romantic life. However, he didn't know what going on a date meant. What should he do? What should he say? Should he buy flowers to Yoongi? Or food? Or chocolate? He shook his head and ran a hand in his hair. He didnt know the protocol for dates. He didn't want to be ridiculous or look stupid. He didn't want to overdo or underdo. He wanted to act perfect and to make Yoongi fall for him. Will he ever be able to talk normally to Yoongi ? Would he stutter and panic again? He sighed loudly and bit his lip. He had to stay focus and be reasonable. He just wanted to show his best qualities to Yoongi, to show him he wasnt just a shy kid who couldnt play piano correctly. And he would do anything for that.

He jumped when he heard an alarm clock ringing. Jimins alarm clock. It must be time for his friend to wake up to go to the coffee shop for his morning shift. He turned his head to look at Jimin. The pink haired man lazily opened his eyes and stretched his arms above his head. He frowned when he saw Jungkook sitting on the bed ad asked with an hoarse voice. "You are already awake ?" Kook only nodded and sighed. Jimin sat next to him and ruffled his hair. "Are you worried for today?" Jungkook didnt say anything. He nodded and bite his bottom lip. He saw Jimin smiling softly. He caressed his hair once again. "Everything will be fine Jungkook. Yoongi is nice right? Dont worry too much. You can do it. It will be the best first date you could ever get." Jungkook smiled and thanked his friend. He wasn't sure if it was true. He didn't know. He was doubting. Still, he appreciated Jimins efforts in his trying of soothing him. Strangely, Kook felt a bit less nervous now. It wasn't perfect but it was better.