XXVIII. Need.

Sunday morning.

Yoongi was already sitting in front of his computer in his studio. Did he have enough sleep ? Certainly not. He knew it wasn't healthy. He should take whole benefits of this Sunday morning and sleep for the entire morning. At lease, he should try to get two hours more of sleep. But he was so used to lacking sleep that he didn't even felt tired anymore. It was not a problem. Nothing that a cup of coffee couldnt resolve. And inspiration came up to him. He couldn't explain how. Still, he felt the urge to leave his bed and go in his studio. He needed to put the words on paper. The first words didn't make sense. The grammar was incorrect. The sentences were senseless. But after five minutes, Yoongi finally managed to make real sentences, lyrics.

Will you stay by my side? Will you promise me ?

He frowned and tilted his head as he kept writing. He didn't have to think a lot to know who he was writing about. As usual, it was all about Jungkook.

You're like a butterfly.

From afar, I steal glances ; if we touch hands, will I lose you?

Yoongi closed his eyes for a second and smiled lightly. He knew now that he loved holding hands with Jungkook. But it wasn't only that. He needed to hold hands with Jungkook. His hand was attracted to Jungkook's, like a magnet. He couldn't fight that. Warmth and comfort always invaded him when he touched Jungkook's fingers. He needed that as much as oxygen or water. This need was visceral. And that was for a simple reason, that Yoongi only understood now.

Jungkook was like a butterfly in Yoongi's life. Beautiful, pure and fragile. He needed care and protection. He needed attention and love. Of course, Jungkook wasn't weak. Yoongi knew that. The younger showed his strength already. Still, he needed to be taken care of. This world was hard and Jungkook was too beautiful – inside and out. And he was so precious that Yoongi was afraid to lose him. He came in his life unexpectedly. He was a pretty surprise. Yoongi was scared that he would just fly away, as fast as he came in his life. Because now that he experienced life with Jungkook, he couldn't go back to his old life. So, he would hold Jungkook's hand tightly as long as he was allowed to. He didn't want to take the risk of losing Jungkook, ever.

As he was writing lyrics, the event of the day before to come back to his mind. He visited the coffee shop with Taehyung. He met Jungkook, they chatted and flirted. That felt nice. But which felt less nice was seeing Tae crying while talking to Kook's cousin. Something was happening between his best friend and this Seokjin. He didn't know what it was. Tae didn't tell him anything. And Yoongi was ready to respect Taehyung's boundaries. However, he couldn't handle seeing him cry. He needed to know what happened at that coffee shop the day before. Taehyung told him it wasn't sad tears, it was happy tears. Still, Yoongi wasn't reassured.

That was why he quickly went to the bathroom to get a shower and get dressed. He would go at Tae's apartment to talk seriously with his best friend. With some luck, Namjoon would be out. That way they could talk for real. When he was closing his door, he sent a text to his best friend, informing him he would be at his place in five minutes. They lived close from each other. So, he reached quickly Tae's front door. He entered and found his best friend sitting in the living room. He greeted him and asked where was Namjoon. When Tae told him he was seeing some friends outside, Yoongi sat on the couch with the younger. "That's a good thing Joon isnt here. We can talk seriously about what happened yesterday at the coffee shop. Because, I know something happened Taehyung. I'm not stupid or blind. I saw you crying while talking to that man. I believed you when you told me that it wasn't tears from sadness. That you were happy. But I need a better explanation. You have to tell me everything."