XXVI. Protected.

Yoongi was awake early this Saturday morning. He had work to do. He directly went to his studio with his first cup of coffee. He didn't have the time to be lazy. It would be nice to have a lazy morning in bed. But Yoongi had responsibilities, he had editing to do. He couldn't let his work down. It was his passion. And honestly, he needed the money to pay his rent. He had to be professional and serious, even if he needed a cup of coffee to awake his brain.

He was working in music as he felt his phone vibrating. He smiled as he unlocked the phone. He received a cute good morning text from Jungkook. The young man must be awake early to go work at the coffee shop. That was sweet. It meant Kook thought of him as he woke up. Yoongi's heart felt warm. He answered to this text. He loved these lovely texts in the morning. It was domestic, it became an habit during the week. And it felt so good to have someone to text first thing in the morning.

Answering Jungkook's text, Yoongi felt the urge to hear his voice again. He softly scrolled their conversation to find the video he sent him the night before. Yoongi played it again. He smiled as Jungkooks voice came out of the phone. It was definitely the most beautiful voice Yoongi ever heard. No artist, no singer, no idol he worked with had a voice like this. It was unique and warm. It was pure and raw. But it was also powerful. Yoongi wanted to write songs for this specific voice. And he would do it. He knew it. He couldn't help it. He was inspired by Jungkook. Writing a song about him and for him was inevitable. But for now, Yoongi had to focus to his work. So, he put his phone back in his pocket to work again. He finished his first cup of coffee and focused on his editing.

The first hours of the morning passed quickly as Yoongi as working seriously. As he was making his second cup of coffee of the morning, Yoongi felt his phone vibrating again. He frowned. He wondered who could text him. That could be Jungkook. But he knew the younger was busy working at the coffee shop. Jungkook was a serious guy. Even though he sent some texts when he was in class, he wouldnt be texting Yoongi during his work time. He respected his cousin too much for that. The second person who could send a text to Yoongi was Tae. And that made Yoongi's heart race with anxiety. His best friend had his appointment at the hospital the day before. They talked about it over the phone for a long time last night. It hadnt been a bad appointment. But Yoongi knew his best friend. He was never feeling good after going to the hospital. He had to go there, to check his progress and to be sure he was healing well. Still, it awoke so many traumas and bad memories. Yoongi would have wanted to be there for his best friend. The next time, he would be the one accompanying Taehyung at the hospital. That was his best friends duty. He wanted to support Tae as much as he could. Of course, he didnt know what Tae was truly feeling since his accident. He could only imagine the pain and try to help him go through it. he unlocked his phone and smiled. Taes text was full of excitement. He was greeting the older happily. He even used an smiling emoji and that made Yoongi happy. Was Taehyung feeling better ? He was asking Yoongi to go at the Epiphany Coffee with him for breakfast. How could he refuse? Tae was proposing to go out, he wanted to leave his place, he was ready to go in the outside world again. Yoongi was aware that his best friend was visiting this coffee shop almost every day. Joon told him he was bringing Tae there. And that he was enjoying his time at the coffee shop. Yoongi could only accept his proposition. He answered his best friend, telling him he would be at his place in thirty minutes.

These thirty minutes were the time Yoongi needed to take a shower and make himself decent looking. Because going to the coffee shop on a Saturday morning meant meeting Jungkook. He had to be handsome. Kook would be so pretty, as usual. Yoongi couldn't look sloppy in front of his crush, of the man he loved. He went to the bathroom and took his shower. Then, he picked a simple outfit. He wasnt the type to overdress. And Tae would be suspicious if he saw Yoongi wearing his best clothes for a breakfast at a coffee shop. Of course, Taehyung about his crush on Jungkook. He knew that Yoongis feelings werent just Platonical. He also knew that their relationship was getting more serious and deeper. But Yoongi didn't tell him everything that happened between them. He felt a bit shy. He never was in love. He wanted to enjoy this new feeling on his own. And Taehyung didn't need to be told, he knew. Yoongi was in love and he was pretty obvious about it.