Chapter 2 [Just Another Day]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[3rd POV]

A lot of time has passed since Y/N's introduction to the somewhat mundane and scripted life that he is leading at the school under Kongo-sensei's watch. How long has it been? A couple of hundred years, around 2-no, 300? He didn't remember so he made a personal calendar where he wrote an I every time a year would pass, having I's would make an X making a decade. For the moment however knowing his exact age didn't really matter to him, he had other matters to attend to. Sighing as he walked through the relatively tall grass of the fields just that surround the school from all sides, he was in search for his self-proclaimed best friend. "Why does she have to always dose off in the fields? Especially considering the colour of her hair..."

"Ah, there you are," finally the person he was searching for he strolled towards them while holding a clipboard in his hands, "Phos."

No reaction. So he called her out again, "Phos."

Same as before, Y/N was starting to grow irritated by her lack of response, he knew she wasn't this much of a heavy sleeper despite her habit of dosing off, "Phos!"

"...What~?" Y/N's eyebrow twitched at how badly his self-proclaimed best friend, Phosphophyllite, was at pretending to be sleepy despite having so much practice. 

She was his self-proclaimed best friend and was an extreme clutz to the point that not Kongo-sensei or anyone else could find a job for her, so Y/N unofficially partnered up with her because he more or less does just about everything around the school except patrol duty, he leaves that to the rest of his friends. Phosphophyllite's name was too much of a pain in the ass to say, as quoted by Y/N, so he started calling her "Phos", soon, everybody else followed his example. Phos is also a Gem with the second-lowest hardness, that being 3.5. She often naps in the fields because she just doesn't have anything to do, and she's adorable, but there's no way Y/N would just admit that openly.

"Sleeping in the fields again?" Phos gave Y/N a sheepish smile, something she did quite often and yet no matter how hard Y/N tried to get mad at her, he couldn't stay that way for too long, Phos' cheerful and upbeat attitude was too contagious

Phos scratched the back of her head as she stood up, she was slightly embarrassed at being caught sleeping in the fields again, "Hehe~ Well, they are... comfy."

Y/N sighed as he took out a clipboard from behind his back and handed it to his "bestie" who gave him a perplexed look in response, "What's this?"

Before Y/N could explain to Phos why he was giving her a clipboard he saw two distinct lustrous shapes running by them with a look of confidence and slight impatience on their faces. One of them had magenta hair that reached all the way to her waist while the other had silver hair that was short and neatly swept to the side.