Chapter 22 [Time To Say Goodbye]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[[For maximum effect listen to this while reading.]]

"Kongo-sensei has said many times that nothing lasts forever, and I wish from the very bottom of my soul that he is wrong. But I was once again proven wrong today."

Under the numerous white covers laid two figures, both with beautiful, red hair. One was masculine, clearly a male with the way his body was built. His hair was deep crimson and reached his lower back, while the other figure, female judging by her body, had much longer and wilded hair that wasn't as deep red as the male's hair. The two were nude, holding each other closely and talking in low whispers to each other, rather it was Y/N who told Padparadscha stories of what happened in her absence. 

"Antarcticite is no longer with us, but Phosphophyllite is working really hard to bring her back," Padparadscha giggled at Y/N's appraisal of his BFF, confusing him slightly, "What?"

"Nothing, I'm just happy you weren't lonely without me," she happily replied, surprising Y/N slightly, "I remember you always being lonely whenever I was active."

"I wasn't lonely," she chuckled again at Y/N who childishly pouted at her comment, "So... you're not mad at me, I hope."

Padparadscha blinked in slight surprise before she laughed softly, softly caressing Y/N's cheek, "Of course not. I'm hardly here, it's not fair if I keep you all to myself."

"But..." he wished he could find words to counter her argument, but even if he did Padparadscha placed the tip of her finger on his lips as a way to tell him to shut up and enjoy the moment.

"I don't want you to be lonely, got it?" despite the smirk clearly present on her face, the tone of her voice was stern.

Y/N found himself nodding in agreement at her selfless command, if that's what she wanted then he will happily follow her wishes and do his best not to be lonely again. Not many words were exchanged after their small talk, they opted for a more... physical show of affection.

"Padparadscha's body appeared to be working better than any time before. And I, the hopeless fool that I am chose to believe that this time would be different. That this time she would stay by my side, and we could finally live together... forever..."

Y/N and Padparadscha were now walking outside of Y/N's room, in fact, they were outside of the school grounds in general and appeared to be taking a stroll across the many fields of greenery that surrounded their home from all sides. The red-haired girl carried an obsidian sword on her shoulder, brandishing the weapon like a toy. 

"Been a while since I held one of these," offhandedly commented Padparadscha as she swung the katana for the last time before swinging it over her shoulders, resting both of her hands on it.

"How are you feeling?" asked Y/N, still unsure whether Padparadscha should be moving around so much. 

But Padparadscha waved off his concern, "I'm fine, I'm fine, relax!"

The crimson-haired male sighed in response but didn't press the matter further. Instead, he talked and talked with Padparadscha, completely disregarding anything else. Nobody approached them, which was surprising in its own right considering he wasn't the only one that wanted to talk with the red-haired beauty.