Chapter 5 [Glistening Green]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[Phosphophyllite POV]

Sigh, what am I even doing? Y/N's off somewhere again, probably hanging around with Cinnabar again, those two have been awfully friendly with each other. But, I guess I do feel bad for Cinnabar, or is it Shinsha? Y/N sure likes to call her that. Y/N is pretty much the only one that can touch her without having to face any real consequences, and I guess I do feel just a little bit jealous. I bet that quack forgot about the fact he has to help me make this stupid encyclopedia... But here I am, alone, absorbed in how cute I am and how Y/N is more blind to a girl's feelings than a goddamn jellyfish, they don't even have eyes! At least I think they don't...

"Working hard I see," ah, Jade, haven't seen her in a while actually. Guess I spend too much time outside of school to really see her from time to time.

"Not really..." sheesh I could've said that better, I sound like a depressed potato.

"Ah, did you get dumped by Y/N?" this bitch I swear I'll-

-BONK-

OHMYGODWHATTHE- "Rutile?!"

"Oi, what the heck is wrong with you?!" Jade sure isn't happy with getting suddenly bonked on the arm by a hammer.

"I am performing your annual toughness check-up. I can determine your hardness just by touching you, but it's tough to determine how much abuse your body can handle before breaking," oh cool, she actually didn't go on a rant trying to explain what she's doing. 

Guess Y/N telling her to speak like a normal person really did its job. I better vanish before she uses that hammer on me next. 

[3rd POV]

Meanwhile, for what felt like and most likely was the first time in all her long life Cinnabar stopped thinking about being lonely, even for just a moment, she didn't feel lonely. For the first time in her life there was something, someone rather, that she could touch all she wanted and not poison. That, in itself, was like a wake-up call from her nightmare. And the privilege of finally being able to freely touch someone was not something she wasn't going to abuse as much as she could. 

"How long will we have to stay like this, we barely did any work today," Y/N's voice didn't sound annoyed, in fact, he sounded rather comfortable in his current position. 

Cinnabar essentially wrapped herself around him like a snake and didn't let him go for at least an hour, but Y/N didn't mind as much as he thought he would. He wasn't much of a hugger but this position was rather comfortable, and Cinnabar appeared quite content with this predicament so Y/N wasn't going to complain. Physical contact was something that always eluded Cinnabar so she was making up for the lost time. 

"Seriously? I left you two alone for like... okay maybe I was away for a while but come on!" the enduringly hyper voice of Phos made the two red-haired individuals pull from the hug rather quickly. 

"What took you so long?" Y/N didn't appear embarrassed by being "caught in the act" unlike Cinnabar who's face was just as red as her hair. 

"Got distracted, Rutile's doing the shock test thingy so you better watch out," Y/N involuntarily stuttered, he HATED Rutile's shock tests and wished she would notify everyone she was doing them first before whacking them with a hammer, "Also~ Where's mine?"