Chapter 12 [New Job]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[3rd POV]

"There you are!" loudly exclaimed Y/N as he and Rutile ran to help Yellow Diamond bring semi-broken Phosphophyllite to a wooden table in the infirmary.

After the three of them laid Phosphophyllite on the table Yellow Diamond excused herself to attend to Zircon while Y/N and Rutile stayed with Phosphophyllite. The doctor kept on rumbling about how Phos always keeps getting into unnecessary trouble and causing everybody else great distress.

"Why is it that you out of everyone keeps getting into trouble?" rhetorically asked Y/N as he held a piece of Phosphophyllite's face in place for Rutile to glue back together. 

The mint-haired girl just grumbled while trying to stay as still as possible to not make Rutile's job harder, "Hey, it's not my fault these stupid legs wouldn't listen to me!"

"Speaking of, how are they?" asked Rutile as she finished fixing Phosphophyllite's face.

"They're great! And fast, but hard to control. I couldn't stop once I got going," Phos grumbled at the end of the last sentence, it seems that not being able to control her newly acquired speed is really starting to bother her.

"Sigh, how many times will I have to say it? Give. It. Time!" Y/N lightly bonked his mint-haired BFF on the head with a wooden bucket which made Phosphophyllite yelp in surprise, "After you get fixed up go report to Kongo-sensei, he might have an answer."

Phosphophyllite just rolled her eyes, "Kay~"

...

...

...

-THONK-

"STOP THAT!"

After Phosphophyllite was patched up and given a new set of clothes, she, Y/N, Rutile and Yellow Diamond all reported to Kongo-sensei who was peacefully standing behind a wooden table. The bald man appeared to be deep in thought, which wasn't all that surprising considering he always appeared to be thinking of something. After Kongo-sensei was done processing the information about Phosphophyllite's new legs he hummed and stroked his chin.

"A plausible answer could be that your inclusions were always capable of these feats, only their potential was being hindered by your weak body. Now that your legs were replaced with a more powerful material they can unleash their full potential," Phosphophyllite beamed with joy at that.

With a smug look, she poked both Y/N and Yellow Diamond, "Hehehe, my hidden potential..."

"Now you can run off even faster," jokingly replied Y/N swatting Phosphophyllite's hand away only to get poked in the cheek again.

Diverting her attention back to Kongo-sensei, Phosphophyllite took a determined step forward, "In that case sensei, let me fight the Lunarians! Or would you let this newfound power go to waste?"

"Hey now, just because you have new legs doesn't mean the rest of your body is fitted for combat," chimed in Rutile, trying to talk some sense into the mint-haired girl. 

"You'll need a partner for that, won't you? Knowing you Phos that in itself is going to be quite the challenge," pealed in Yellow Diamond.

Y/N had to take a step back as his mint-haired BFF suddenly decided to get on one knee in front of him, "'o my ever-so-lustrously sarcastic friend Y/N, will-"