Chapter 4 [Friend Like Me]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[3rd POV]

Another day has come for the adventurous duo of the honourable Phosphophyllite and courteous Y/N to do work! And what better job to have than that which requires you to study and write down any and all findings on just about everything?

...EVERY JOB! Nobody likes looking at things and writing unnecessary details that will never be of any use to anyone every day! But, because of Phos being a clutz and utterly incompetent in every other field she was given this as her job, and Y/N was her assistant that usually did more work than her. 

"Ugh, seriously, what's so special about rocks?" Y/N, you guessed it, sighed for the... billionth (?) time since he started working with his BFF. 

"You're a rock, Phos," nonchalantly replied Y/N while drawing a rock, a normal rock, not Phos. 

"Excuse me?! I'm an adorable girl with a very nice rump. I'll have you know!" Y/N could never understand how Phos didn't get embarrassed saying such boisterous things about herself, but he learned to completely disregard comments like these and regard them as just Phos being herself.

Y/N's mind was still plagued by the thoughts of the previous night, the same night he promised to return to his promise of finding a real, fun job for Cinnabar that only she could do. But, he soon realized just how hard that is going to be. Any work which requires a partner is out of the question, and Cinnabar does not like to fight so patrol was out of the question as well. 

"Seriously, there has to be something we haven't discovered yet..," Phos was as per usual, whining. 

Y/N sighed as he was broken out of his daydream, "Progress takes time Phos. Wouldn't say so...?"

"Why did you- Cinnabar?!" Phos nearly did a backflip from how startled she was by the sudden appearance of the red-haired individual.

"Haven't you two learned anything?" Y/N started to scribble something on the piece of paper he was holding. Cinnabar was clearly not happy but was also not angry at them, she looked... curious, "Well, whatever, not my problem."

It was very easy to tell that Cinnabar's attitude didn't sit well with Phos, "Hey! You shouldn't be walking around here either! Heliodor was taken around this area!"

Cinnabar stopped for a moment, thinking of whether she should or shouldn't even bother responding to the mint-haired lustrous Gem, "Yes, I know. I'm waiting for them to take me, have been so for a while now. Yet..."

"They never come," this time Y/N finished the sentence as he seemed to finally be done scribbling on the piece of paper. Now, he squatted down and used his own clipboard to begin folding the paper into an object of sorts. 

"Exactly. But, you two just stroll along and look at that, the Lunarians come running!" Cinnabar was getting angrier by the second, the slight spikiness the floating bubbles of mercury around her attained serving as a visual representation of her frustration, "You're lucky, even the enemy loves you."

It was awkwardly silent after that, neither Phosphophyllite nor Cinnabar saying a word as Y/N continued to fold the paper into something neither of the other two Gems really paid much attention to. 

Cinnabar chose to help the slightly awkward Phos and pointed in a general direction off somewhere, "In that direction, I managed to find some plants that puff out smoke when you step near them. I don't know if those are great discoveries but they are new, I think."