Chapter 18 [Spring's Morning Dew]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[3rd POV]

The rays of the morning sun lightly shined their way through the now open windows that lead into one of the largest rooms in the entire school. That room is the place the inhabitants of the land used as their hibernation quarters, where most of them slept through the cold and bleak days of winter in wait for the upcoming warmth of the spring and summer. Under the many white covers lied no more than thirty and no less than twenty-five of lustrous feminine people. Their wildly different style and colour of hair shined in the slight light that illuminated the room, and soon, the first of them opened their eyes for the first time in months. 

"Good morning," a soft greeting sounded from the edge of the room.

Rutile yawned as she looked in the direction to see Phosphophyllite, just standing there looking the same as when they began hibernating. A strange sense of relief briefly washed over Rutile at seeing Phosphophyllite in pretty much the same condition as before, less stress and job for her. But she would have preferred if somebody else woke her up instead, somebody with red hair... OH!

"Phos...?" tiredly asks Rutile as she begins to adjust her clothes which have become dishevelled in her sleep. 

"Good morning," said Phosphophyllite, again.

Rutile stood up, still a little groggy from her sleep but otherwise fine. Her "roommates" slowly began to wake up as well, all still feeling the sleepiness from the time they spent hibernating.

"You already said that..." Rutile finished tying her sash properly, she rose an eyebrow though when she realized that Phosphophyllite was there alone, "Ah, where are Y/N and Antarcticite?"

"Y/N already went to Cinnabar," Rutile nodded in response, although she felt slight unease as Phosphophyllite's tone trailed off, "And Antarcticite... is on the moon now."

"...What...?"

"Good morning," a set of familiar words sounded inside the dark and small cave that was Cinnabar's home. 

Y/N stood at the entrance with a neutral expression holding a neatly folded heap of clothes for Cinnabar to use. The red-haired girl in question just woke up, literally. She slept in a warm cocoon of white bedsheets and pillows. 

She blinked once, then twice, "...Good morning."

"Here, your clothes," Y/N swiftly handed her the clothes he brought and turned around.

"...Eh, that's it...?" confusedly asked Cinnabar, clearly lost as to why Y/N would just come in and go so quickly.

"Cover yourself, woman," embarrassedly replied Y/N, Cinnabar couldn't see the slight red hue that appeared on his face, but neither could he see the expression of vibrant crimson colour that spread across her face when she looked down and saw that her sash came undone and her white kimono was barely being held up by her shoulders.

"DON'T TURN AROUND!" loudly yelled Cinnabar as she desperately fiddled with her clothes.

"You don't have to yell you know. Calm down, I haven't seen anything," calmly replied Y/N, although on the side he knew that what he said was far from the truth. 

He's seen everything... Moving on from the embarrassing situation, Cinnabar finally managed to put on her usual clothes after some fiddling. Awkward silence reigned over them for a good few seconds before Cinnabar spoke again.