Chapter 15 [Frozen Wonderland]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[3rd POV]

Phosphophyllite painstakingly dragged her body through snow, the frozen water vapour reached all the way up to just a little below her chest. Antarcticite, being the true winter Gem that she is, easily pushed through the snow even with the bad quality of light in the environment. She had quite the lead on Phosphophyllite who swerved left and right through the snow, her path looking like a drunk snake rather than a straight line. Y/N was lagging behind Antarcticite on purpose to make sure Phosphophyllite doesn't get lost in the snow or wonders off on another one of her "great adventures". 

"Come on Phos, just a little more," monotonously encouraged Y/N, contemplating whether to carry her using Red Matter or not, ultimately deciding not to do so since Phosphophyllite was the one that wanted to do this in the first place. 

"Easy for you to say, you have that fancy-schmancy red water of yours," Y/N merely deadpanned at Phosphophyllite's tired remark before sighing. 

"I'm... not even going to bother responding to that. Oh, we've arrived," idly commented Y/N as he and Phosphophyllite finally caught up to Antarcticite. 

Phosphophyllite looked at the vast fields of ice in front of her, it looked almost... beautiful. Strangely shaped icebergs spread as far as the eye could see. Phosphophyllite looked with wonder at the frozen fields of ice floes.

"Whoa, I thought they were Lunarians for a second," Y/N smiled slightly at Phosphophyllite's relieved sigh, it was nice to see her with her spirits up again

"These are just some ice floes. Apparently, when the sea freezes, if the microflora from the seafloor are encased in ice it forms into those strange patterns. But one time... sensei called them sinners. For some reason, I've never understood that," while Phosphophyllite doesn't pay Antarcticite's words much mind, Y/N narrowed his eyes slightly as his small smile fell. 

But Y/N didn't have much time to brood as a tremor slightly shook the ground, "Here it comes, best cover your ears, Phos."

Phosphophyllite looked confusedly at Y/N before shrieking as a terrible screeching sound echoed throughout the entire island. One of the ice floes that was positioned awkwardly, semi-sideways that is, started to sink and by scraping against the ice surrounding it created an extremely loud scraping sound. Phosphophyllite's entire body resonates with the loud sound to the point of almost cracking while Y/N and Antarcticite seem to be fine. 

The winter Gem drew her saw... sword... thing and slowly walked towards the screaming ice floes, "That awful sound reverbs throughout the entire island, and disturbs our dear friends in their sleep."