Chapter 6 ['o Friend of Mine]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[3rd POV]

"Sensei's taking a nap so he can't fend them off right now!" despite Phosphophyllite visibly lagging behind Bort, Y/N and Diamond the trio heard her clearly and doubled their pace. 

They could barely make out two figures walking through the halls of the school that were open from one side and allowed a full view of the outside world. Judging by the colour palette of the two figures they deduced they had to be Jade and Euclase. The two appeared to just be minding their business when they nearly got crushed by a massive shell the Lunarians brought with them.

"Bort!" a giant clump of Red Matter burst from Y/N's back, Bort understood the signal and jumped straight into the large red appendage.

"Go!" with a loud cry Y/N sent Bort hurling straight towards the Lunarians hovering dangerously close to the room in which Kongo-sensei resided. 

Bort easily dealt with the Lunarians that came to invade the school grounds, it didn't even take her a second to take them out with a single slash of her sword. By the time Bort landed on the ground Diamond, Y/N and Phosphophyllite barely arrived. Diamond just sighed as the feeling of not being able to do anything useful for the second time on the same day took a hold of her mind. Meanwhile, Phos was being forced to examine the shell the Lunarians dropped onto the school grounds by Euclase and Jade.

"We'll leave it to you, Master Scholar. Have fun~" Euclase and Jade then skidoodled away leaving only Y/N, Phos, Dia and Bort on the scene. 

"Well at least the fighting part of today is over, hopefully," Dia nodded in agreement while Bort just grumbled something under her breath.

Y/N sighed, his day has started quite easy and quickly diverged into one of the most hectic days of the year, sadly though, it wasn't quite the end of the day yet. Phos really didn't feel like studying anything about the shell the Lunarians left for the Gems and was practically looking in every direction away from the said mysterious shell.

"Hey Phos, how's- PHOS!" the moment Y/N tried to address Phos a large shadow was cast over them in an instant. 

Phosphophyllite, who was closest to the shell felt dread run past her back, and with barely enough time to turn around, she was quickly swallowed by what can only be described as a gigantic, semi-transparent pink snail that emerged from the shell the Lunarians dropped off earlier. Bort and Diamond quickly drew their respective obsidian blades and charged the oversized slug. Y/N meanwhile manifested more Red Matter and divided the large appendage growing on his back into thinner tentacles with pointed ends. 

Bort tried to slash the snail in half with her blade and partially succeeded, but the moment she took a glance at her blade that passed through the body of the snail she was shocked to see the blade partially missing