Chapter 17 [Different Side, Same Coin]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[3rd POV]

Arrows whizzed through the air as they narrowly missed a running mint-haired figure, "Gotta report, gotta report, gotta report!"

Phosphophyllite was quickly speeding through the frozen isle as fast as her agate legs allowed her. If it were not for the Lunarians shooting at her she would've probably stopped and taken a moment to take in the beauty of the thawing ice as the winter season was slowly coming to an end. An arrow passed by her cheek, narrowly grazing some white powder off her body but dealing no serious damage. The school building slowly came into view, the sight of her goal being so close already put a smile on Phosphophyllite's face as she worked hard to avoid being hit by the oncoming hail of arrows. 

She saw a faint glimmer of red in the distance, "Y/N! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!"

The crimson-haired male continued to stroll towards the running Phosphophyllite with a neutral, perhaps even tired expression. Red Matter began to seep from his body in large quantities as Phosphophyllite neared his location with Lunarians still hot on her tail. 

"Hurry up, I don't have all day," annoyedly commented as Y/N the surrounding crimson liquid slowly began to take a shape of a wall in front of him, leaving just enough room for Phosphophyllite to through if she hurried.

"Wait for me!" hurriedly yelled Phosphophyllite as she just barely made it past the Red Matter barrier before it closed.

A hundred arrows attacked the liquid wall protecting Y/N and Phosphophyllite who hid behind him while looking over his shoulder to see the action unfold. Y/N merely sighed as each and every arrow fruitlessly struck against the crimson liquid and fell to the ground. He then extended his hand towards the Lunarians as the Red Matter barrier began to ripple.

-SNAP-

In an instant, the previously rippling Red Matter barrier suddenly shot forward in the shape of tens of pincers that pierced the Lunarians and the platform they stood on with incredible speed. All of this happened in the span it took Y/N to snap his fingers. 

Y/N looked at the fading bodies of the Lunarians with disappointment, "What a waste of time, just an Old Type."

He and Phosphophyllite have been on the prowl for the New Type of Lunarians that utilized the stolen shards of their comrades in order to fight. No matter how foolish it may seem the two of them hoped to retrieve Antarcticite before the winter ended as they would have to wait until the next winter to begin if they wanted to be able to retrieve their fallen comrade. 

"Let's go back," with the Lunarians taken care of for the day, Y/N and Phosphophyllite slowly returned back to their home, the school.

As they walked Phosphophyllite couldn't help but steal glances at Y/N and adopt a saddened look in her eyes. Ever since Antarcticite's unwilling departure from the land, neither she nor Y/N has been the same. While she tried to liven things up with her usual happy-go-lucky mood, Y/N didn't buy her forced happiness at all and simply chose to act like a mixture of Bort, which was slowly becoming scary, and Antarcticite. Phosphophyllite could still see that sliver of his pre-winter personality shine through at moments, like when he compliments her by patting her head. He doesn't smile as much, not that he used to before but now his smile feels too rare for her liking. After arriving at the school the two of them separated as Phosphophyllite went to report to Kongo-sensei while Y/N went somewhere.