Chapter 8 [Back in Green]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[3rd POV]

Y/N awoke after a few good hours of dreamless sleep to see his dear mint-haired friend Phosphophyllite already pieced back together and clad in short white kimono, for the moment she lay motionless on the wooden table Rutile previously prepared. Y/N let out a sigh of relief, seeing his BFF pieced back together relieved him greatly, although he still couldn't quite understand why Diamond, and now Rutile liked to use his shoulders as pillows. While the disco ball of sunshine was nowhere to be seen the witch doctor herself was sleeping whilst using Y/N's shoulder as a pillow. Looking to the side slightly Y/N could see the wooden bowl still containing the squishy pink snail that caused this mess. He sighed slightly and tried to get up without waking up Rutile, which proved to be impossible since the moment he sighed she was already waking up.

"Morning," greeted Y/N in his casual, stoic tone.

"Mhm," Rutile still seemed sleepy even though the sun has already risen over the horizon. 

"Being a doctor seems exhausting," idly Y/N commented, staying still as a sign of goodwill so that Rutile could rest up just a little bit longer. She pretty much took over his entire shoulder at this point.

Y/N unconsciously leaned his head against Rutile's, as one would with their hand, "I haven't slept in a while, thanks for the pillow by the way."

"Mhm, you're welcome," Rutile sounded very tired, but at least she was comfortable. 

The two remained silent as Y/N slowly took notice of the mess that consisted of various wooden bowls haphazardly thrown on the floor. Rutile wasn't one to make a mess and not clean it up so the only solution was that the rest of the school body left it here that way and Rutile was just too tired to give a toss at that point. 

"They sure made a mess," Y/N got a hum in response, Rutile was acting very sleepy, almost suspiciously so, although it is true that being comfortable can make you sleepy, "I'll help clean up once Phos wakes up."

"Mhm, got it," yet another groggy response from Rutile, she really should get more sleep. 

One of the only two males on the entire island huffed slightly in acknowledgement before he simply began to busy his mind with random thoughts that ranged from asking why people like hugs and the true meaning of life. 

"Good morning," the ever-so-cheerful voice of Diamond woke both Y/N from his stupor and Rutile from her nap, which made the female doctor elicit a groan. She quite liked using Y/N as a bodypillow, "Oh, am I interrupting something...?"

'Yes!'

"No. Good morning to you too, did everyone get good sleep?" Diamond nodded and nearly tripped when she walked into Rutile's office, those wooden bowls scattered across the ground would have to go.

"We must have left quite a mess yesterday, sorry Rutile," the doctor just sighed in response and VERY reluctantly let go of Y/N to stand up and fix her clothes, Dia meanwhile began to slowly clean up the room by collecting the wooden bowls. 

Y/N also started to get up, not before collecting his black jacket and putting it back on. He then put away the covers and the pillow before helping Rutile and Diamond clean up. It didn't take long for them to clean up the place as more and more of their classmates/friends/siblings began to arrive. After everyone exchanged the old fashioned but still reliable greetings they got into organizing Rutile's surprising messy office. Just how much of a mess did they make yesterday?! The weird squishy and pink creature merely looked on as everyone worked hard to tidy up.