Chapter 11 [Rehabilitation]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[3rd POV]

After everyone has eventually returned back to the school building, Y/N, Rutile and of course Phosphophyllite found themselves in the infirmary where Rutile laid out the mint-haired lustrous girl on one of the wooden tables. The doctor herself was examing the two horn-shaped objects Y/N dragged in while the man himself a small distance from them. The crack on his face was the first thing Rutile attended to when they arrived at her office, now Y/N's face was spotless and devoid of any and all damage. 

-KRAK- -THUD- -KRAK- -THUD-

Unfortunately for Phosphophyllite, it appeared she was not going to be allowed to rest peacefully just yet as the sound of extremely heavy footsteps started to ring through the school's stone walls. Y/N sighed, already knowing well who was coming and the events that are bound to unfold. There was but one being in the entire world Y/N knew to be capable of breaking stone by merely walking on it, and that being was Kongo-sensei. 

Rutile who had just finished applying a new layer of glue was not happy but took a few... actually, she took a lot of steps back and hid behind one of the quartz pillars. While she and anyone in the vicinity hid somewhere to not be caught in the crossfire, Y/N merely squeezed his back against the wall. 

'Nothing personal Phos, but I am not happy with you either,' Y/N essentially left Phos at the mercy of their unbreakable sensei who imposingly stood in front of her heavily damaged body.

"You... MORON!" Kongo-sensei's shout alone was enough to shatter Phosphophyllite's body and send her falling off the wooden table.

But before her body could hit the ground she found herself in Kongo-sensei's arms, the stray shards of her body having already been collected by the bald man in a single moment. 

"The sea... was really scary..." Phosphophyllite's tone of voice was tired, as one might expect.

Kongo-sensei's tone was indifferent, "You'll report to me tomorrow."

"I'll start working even harder..." but unfortunately for Phos, it seems that Kongo-sensei had a different idea.

"Your job as a natural historian will be over," and with a single sentence, Phosphophyllite's world crumbled like a house of cards.

This were also news for Y/N who feared this would happen, his thoughts drifted back to Cinnabar and the possible future. The little group of three, Y/N, Phos and Cinnabar, primarily existed because they all agreed to gather information for the encyclopedia together. And being a group like that without one of its core members would be... depressing at the very least. He took a seat near Rutile who began working on fixing Phosphophyllite's broken body for the second time today and started to think of possible solutions to his BFF's current predicament. Time became a blur as Y/N continued to juggle different ideas around in his head, and before he noticed the sun has already risen and Phosphophyllite was mostly fixed. But there was still one glaring problem about her condition that had to be addressed.

"Now, what do we do with those legs?" rhetorically asked Rutile as she diverted her gaze towards the two horn-shaped objects, "Well, the short answer is that I'm going to have to use these."

The doctor brought both of the objects closer to Phosphophyllite so working on them would be less of a chore, "The outer shell of these is weaker than you are, but the inside is filled with agate which has a hardness of seven. All in all, I should be able to make you new legs using a mixture of the two."