Chapter 10 [Abyssal Depths]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[3rd POV]

In the dark and cold depths of the Earth's seemingly endless ocean, two silhouettes of squid-like creatures moved at moderate speed. The third person that was with them was almost obstructed from the view because one of these creatures was carrying them. One of these sea-dwellers appeared to be a female whose body was various shades of pink while the other creature appeared to be a male whose body was as black as the night sky with various spots and lines of green across multiple body parts. The female Admirabilis was carrying the third figure whose mint haired barely glistened in the abyssal depths of the deep sea. Phosphophyllite's eyes were barely open, her mind working on less than 10% of its normal status quo. She was exhausted, both physically and mentally. Barely being able to look down she gazed at her legs, or rather what was left of them. From her thighs down her feet, her legs were gone, broken off and lost forever to the currents of the sea. Phosphophyllite nearly didn't have enough energy to stay conscious anymore, let alone speak to the two sea-dwellers. 

"What shall we do after returning her to the island, sister?" asked the male Admirabilis who could be seen carrying two horn-like objects with his tentacles.

The female Admirabilis merely sighed, her mind and heart have both been put to the test today as was evident by her heavy tone of voice, "I... do not know, brother."

As the male was about to respond he suddenly stopped dead in his tracks. His sister took a second to notice and grew concerned as to what prompted her brother to make such an abrupt stop. 

The male's head was whipping from side to side as if trying to spot something while his sister grew more worried by the minute, "What's wrong?"

"...We're not alone, something is definitely watching us..." her brother's cryptically disturbing words sent a shiver down the pink Admirabilis' spine.

They both tried to spot something but the dark veil of the night made it nigh-impossible for even them to see anything. The glowing jellyfish that were floating by them all but vanished into thin air. The water seemed a lot colder now as the two desperately tried to look for at least a small sign of life. The male Admirabilis' eyes nearly missed a barely visible figure in the distance. 

"There!" he pointed in the figure's general direction, but even when his sister saw what he was pointing neither of them could really make out who or what it was.

A very brief seam of moonlight managed to pierce into the darkness and reflected off of the shadowed figure's hair. A brief flash of long, crimson locks reflecting even the smallest amount of light served as more than a small identifier for the female Admirabilis. 

Phosphophyllite used every ounce of her remaining strength just to look at the figure barely noticeable in the distance, "...Y/N..."

"