Chapter 16 [Blood In The Snow]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[3rd POV]

Y/N found himself alone, doing chores around the school more so than helping outside. His dear friends Phosphophyllite and Antarcticite had left him to do "the boring chores" while the two of them went to collect gem shards on the Shore of Nascency, the place where everyone was or can be born. How collecting pretty rocks was more entertaining than organising a library or making sure nobody broke in their sleep was beyond him, every last job sounded mundane in his opinion. As of this moment, Y/N found himself in the "hibernation room" where everyone peacefully slept the winter away. He had a pack of white bedsheets with him to cover the "sleeping beauties" with. Some of them were known to move a bit in their sleep, while some were complete sleepwalkers. Que Bort, the biggest sleepwalker of them, was literally walking around the room with her eyes closed and her arms extended in front of her as if trying to grasp something. 

"Sigh, I'll just-UMPF!" the moment those whispers passed his lips he was tackled by the black-haired sleepwalker, "Bort?"

But he received no answer as the battle maniac wrapped both her legs and arms around his body with a crushing grip, nearly breaking his body in the process. At the very least she calmed down and wasn't sleepwalking now. 

"...Mmmm...hug..."

'So she wanted hugs? I'm starting to think these girls don't really get much affection if BORT is like this,' Y/N tried to pry himself from Bort's crushing grip, but there was no way he could stealthily free himself from her embrace, at least not without the help of Red Matter.

Matters only seemed to get more complicated when he heard shuffling from his other side before another person latched himself onto his body, taking any free space that was previously available on the other side of his body. The multi-coloured glimmer followed by a happy giggle gave away that person's identity.

"...Mine~"

'And now I'm latched between Dia and Bort, please don't grind my body to dust,' at the very least Diamond seemed much more gentle with the way she snuggled against Y/N, 'This has become a very peculiar situation. Kongo-sensei, help me.'

The crimson-haired male was forced to lay there for a good few minutes before he assembled a plan in his mind. Having no better idea Y/N started to exude Red Matter from his body in small amounts, mostly around the parts he was being held at, then he concentrated that Red Matter in order to create some room between his body and the two diamond sisters. Then, he used that little space to wiggle his body out of their grip and free himself from their hold. But Dia and Bort immediately noticed, and Dia lost her smile and returned to her peaceful sleep while Bort promptly stood up and started to search for something, someone, to hug to dust. Y/N quickly threw covers over both Dia and Bort, which made Bort plop down again. 

"Sleep dammit," whispered Y/N as he left the room. 

Upon walking out of the room he instantly noticed the amount of radiant light filling the halls of the school, which was, well, very uncommon on even the sunniest of winter days. Quickly realising something was amiss, Y/N hastily walked through the halls of the school in hopes of finding Kongo-sensei. 

He passed by the entrance and quickly stopped as he noticed Kongo-sensei standing there, brilliant light shining from before the bald man, "Kongo-sensei?"