Chapter 9 [Love and Fury]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[3rd POV]

A sigh escaped Y/N's lips as he slowly continued his stroll towards Cinnabar's home. She rightfully deserved an update on the situation concerning Phosphophyllite, she was after all their friend. No matter how hard she tries to deny it Y/N is certain Cinnabar was worried for their troublemaking mint-haired friend. 

"I hope she's not mad..." thinking back to the way she acted when he and Dia talked to her she might have been a little angry for some reason.

Y/N was hoping she cooled her head and didn't hold any prejudice towards him or Diamond for "annoying" her during her night patrols. His thoughts drifted to his mint-haired BFF, if she really could talk to the snail creature then they might have a chance to learn something of the outside world, that is if they could trust their words or if Phos really was going insane. Without even noticing it at first Y/N arrived at the cliff near Cinnabar's cave/home/residence. Y/N began extruding enough Red Matter under his feet to safely lift himself off the ground and slowly descended into the entrance of Cinnabar's home. 

There was no door, or bell, or anything for that matter at the entrance, "Shinsha? Are you home?"

Y/N received no response, maybe she wasn't home which was the most likely scenario, or maybe she was ignoring him which was less favourable. So Y/N yelled again, "Shinsha are you home?!"

This time he heard light rustling in the cave which soon stopped, either something or someone was in Cinnabar's cave making that noise or Cinnabar herself was there, ignoring him. With reluctance, Y/N walked into the cave which was shrouded in a cover of darkness. He could barely see anything for crying out loud, how the hell did Cinnabar manage to live in a place like this?!

"Shinsha? Are you asleep?" hardly plausible, Y/N wasn't even sure if Cinnabar sleeps at all considering her physiology is similar to his.

The sound of paper crunching under his right foot caught his attention, bending down he picked it up and was very surprised to see a crudely drawn picture of... him? It didn't really look like him, at all, if his name wasn't by it he would've thought it's something else. He didn't expect Cinnabar to make something like this, did Cinnabar even make this? She didn't seem like someone to draw so badly...

"Phos probably drew this," muttered Y/N under his breath, the rustling he previously heard must have been this piece of paper fluttering across the cave, "Hmm?"

Y/N rose an eyebrow at the two hearts he failed to notice at first glance, one was drawn rather badly, probably work of Phos and the other was drawn much more nicely, it was perfectly symmetrical, probably work of Cinnabar. Speaking of the red-haired troubled girl, Y/N noticed the faint glistening of crimson at the very end of the cave. Gently placing the paper down and putting a rock on it so it wouldn't get blown away Y/N silently walked towards the resting form of Cinnabar. This was the first time he saw her sleeping, it was a strange sight to see considering she worked the most during the night and never seemed tired during the day. Y/N frowned when he saw the lack of an actual bed and the fact the sheets Cinnabar was using were dirty and torn was not helping his growing concern for her wellbeing. 

Y/N stiffened when she stirred in her sleep before her eyes lightly fluttered open, his racket must have woken her up, "Ah, sorry to intrude Shinsha. I wasn't expecting you to be sleeping."

But the girl barely responded, she seemed tired, just like Y/N was the day when he had to lift that snail's shell from the pond. She slowly reached out and gently tugged on Y/N's jacket, wordlessly telling him to get down. Y/N rose an eyebrow and sat down beside her lying form, he really should get her a fresh set of bedsheets and an actual bed. She may be made out of minerals but that doesn't mean she can't be comfortable. Y/N blinked when he saw Cinnabar hold his hand, interlocking her fingers with his and closing her eyes again. He just stared at his longtime friend who looked so fragile at that moment that he just wanted to hug her and never let go, not that he'd actually say that to anyone. He gently moved some of Cinnabar's red hair from her face and a small gentle smile appeared on his face when he felt the red-headed girl tighten her hold on his hand. In silence Y/N sat there, holding Cinnabar's hand while she peacefully slept by his side. He didn't move, he was just there, like a statue. He stayed this way for hours until Cinnabar started to finally wake up.