The Statue

Percy

My eyes fluttered open at the sound of my mom knocking at the door that connected the two rooms. I rubbed my blurry eyes, the sunlight that peered through the curtains blinded me.

"Come in," I shouted weakly. My voice cracked and I had the murky feeling of "morning" all over me.

My mom walked in, looking fresh in her sage green dress. "Come on, and get ready! We're gonna go get some breakfast downstairs, and then we'll go out to explore, 'kay?"

"Okay, okay, I just-" I yawned. "Wanna close my eyes for another 5 minutes." I pulled the covers over my head in hopes of blocking the light.

However, I heard the sound of something and out of nowhere, something hit me in the head. I pulled the covers down, scowling, and saw that my mom threw a pillow at me. My mom grinned, "Come on!"

Her smile was so contagious that it made me have a sliver of energy to get up.

I slowly got ready and cleaned up. I didn't bother brushing my hair because it always has a tendency to get messy one way or another, so why bother?

I changed into a navy blue shirt with jeans and sneakers. Nothing special. I'm not known for my fabulous outfits, which makes sense since I'm not a child of Aphrodite.

After another few minutes, I exited my room and ran down the hallways of the hotel. The floors were carpeted with an ugly red color and the walls had dents and scratches all over. The place was in dire need of fixing, however, I shouldn't be complaining. I've slept in places much, much worse.

When I reach the elevator, there were already a small group of people waiting for the elevator to arrive. I tapped my foot impatiently on the floor so loudly, that the people nearest to me gave me dirty looks.

I just gave them an awkward smile in return. I looked back at the elevator. I doubt it would be coming within the next 30 seconds. So being the impatient person I was, I decided to go down the stairs.

And being on the 9th floor was quite annoying. But at least I'll get my steps in for the day.

By the time I get downstairs, I'm panting. Gods, I really need to keep exercising more.

I walk over to the dining area and I spot my mom and Paul sitting down at a table, plates full of food sat in front of them.

I waved them good morning, and I grabbed some food for myself. I ate at least 3 bagels and multiple helpings of fruit before I considered myself full.

There were a large number of people around us: families, couples, and people who were simply alone. I kept staring at all of them until my mom slapped my arm, reminding me that it was rude to stare.

When we finished eating, we cleaned up, and we finally walked out the hotel doors. As I stepped out of the revolving doors, I breathed in the air of the glorious city.

It smelled like trash.

I shuddered in disgust and followed after my parents who started walking ahead.

I looked all around us. New buildings, old buildings, people walking dogs, food vendors, and pretty much everything there was that you'd see in every other big city. It looked exactly like New York City, but smaller.

We walked past a few landmarks, none of which really interested me. We past by a museum that was on Annabeths list of have-to-visit places. My mom took a picture of me and I'll Iris message my girlfriend later today all about the museum. Although I doubt she'll be satisfied because she wasn't able to experience it for herself.