Ugh, a Suit

Percy

Everyone was still completely riled up about the events that happened just a few days ago. But we could barely focus on figuring out what the next step of our plan should be because at the moment, Curtis talking about his rocky relationship with Paul.

"Okay, guys," he clasped his hands together and looked at us excitedly. "Paul hasn't officially gotten a divorce lawyer yet, so I'm thinking he's contemplating his decision on this. I even invited him to that event at city hall today so I can, you know, talk him out of it."

Rene was about to say something, which I would assume be something that Curtis would NOT love to hear. But Felicity hit in his stomach before the words could come out of his mouth. Rene had come back just yesterday after he heard about the news regarding Church, and I don't think I've ever seen him smile as big as I did yesterday. He insisted on coming to the bunker and help us out despite the bruises that trailed across his body that might restrict him from going on a mission. 

"And you'll guys get to meet Paul for the first time! I'm super excited."

"You shouldn't get too excited, Hoss," Rene said quickly before he would get yet another bruise on his stomach from Felicity's hand. "Your plan might not exactly work, and we ain't want you to get your hopes up."

"Wow, Rene actually cares," I whispered to Felicity who stifled a laugh.

"What time is it?" Curtis looked at his watch and his eyes looked hurried. "Okay, it's 3 now. If I get back home and get ready, I won't be late." He nodded at himself, looking proud. But Oliver just gave him a look. "You do realize the event starts at 7, right?"

"Yeah, but you don't realize how long it takes me to get ready. It takes me an hour just to find my pair of lucky underwear!" Curtis complained, looking at Oliver with a serious expression. I don't think he was kidding. 

"But I'll be seeing you all tonight!" And Curtis ran in the elevator, giving us one final wave before he disappeared, off to search for his lucky underwear. 

"Should we be worried?" I pointed at the empty elevator as my eyebrows furrowed. 

"Yes, yes, we do," Felicity said while nodding her head slowly.

"So, will the two of you be going together? As a couple?" I eyed Oliver and Felicity as they both stared at me blankly. 

"No, actually. For your information, I have a boyfriend. I'm going with him." Felicity proudly stated. 

I gagged a bit dramatically. "A boyfriend? Who knew?"

Felicity slapped me quite hard in the arm, sending me an angry glare. "Hey, that's not funny. It shouldn't be surprising that I have a boyfriend. At least he respects me and doesn't pry at my life every second of every day, unlike Oliver over here," she eyed Oliver for a quick second before looking back at me. Oliver looked taken aback at her words but didn't say anything. It looked like he wanted to say something but stopped himself before he could. "And besides, you'll meet him tonight. None of my friends met him yet either so you aren't missing out. I bet you'll like him."

I gave out an awkward laugh, "Yeah, but I don't think I'm going to go with you guys tonight. I can just stay here. And even if I wanted to go, I have nothing to wear. And I'm not really a big suit person. This is obviously some big black-tie event, and I wouldn't want to ruin it with my sweat pants and hoodie."

Oliver grinned, "That won't be a problem." He grabbed my hand without saying a word and pulled me over to the elevator. Where we were going, I have no idea. But I'm definitely getting a bad feeling from this.

-------------

My gut was right when I thought this would be a bad idea, and it was. I was currently standing in front of countless mirrors as this random old guy was taking my measurements.