Gorilla on the Loose

Oliver

Thea threw me a clipboard, "That's your schedule for today."

"Oh, and a certain somebody forgot to write down that you have that author expo that you have to visit on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday," Quentin pointed out, not-so-discreetly eyeing my sister.

"I was never informed about that," I frown, looking up at Thea and Quentin.

My sister and deputy mayor looked at each other. "I thought you were supposed to tell him." Thea said, looking at him with wide eyes.

"No, you said you were. Remember? I offered too, and you said you could do it," Quentin argued back, his arms thrown in the air.

The two continued to argue while I watched on the sidelines. Sometimes I question why I ever hired them. I shifted my weight for a moment before deciding to give a little cough to grab their attention. "I don't care who was supposed to tell me, but right now, I'd like it if somebody told me what an author expo is."

They both jump in their spot and Thea sighs. "There's basically an author get-together this weekend. Authors from around the country are coming here, and it would be good for your ratings if you stopped by and greeted them. I inserted it in last minute since you had the time."

"All right, then. Anything else?" I set the clipboard down on my desk after giving it a cursory flip through. I wasn't exactly excited for this author expo. I never was a big reader growing up, even now. So I'm not sure how I feel about being in a room with people who write books and people who enjoyed reading books.

Before anyone could answer my question, however, we heard a knock on the door, and the new DA, Adrian Chase, walked in. "Hey, sorry I'm late to this little meet-up, bad traffic. What're we talking about?"

"Just his schedule," Thea replied, without prying her eyes off her tablet.

"Okay, great, I guess you don't need me. I'll be in my office, I got things I have to catch up on." And Adrien leaves as if he was he never there.

Quentin turned around to make sure Adrien was far gone before he turned back to look at me, suddenly changing the subject, "Got any leads on Church, yet? Any idea what his next plan is?"

I shook my head. We've been chasing Church for months now, and we've barely been close to catching up to him.

"Okay, but you got a meeting today later this afternoon, but you're pretty much free besides that. I also have work to do, so let's go Quentin," Thea grabs Quentins arm and pulls him out of the room before Quentin even realizes what's happening.

I chuckle as she's almost dragging him out of the room.

I looked at the clock on the back wall, watching as the second hand ticked slowly. I still had time until the meeting, so I decided to go to the Bunker.

——

The elevator opening with a ding, and I was soon filled with the familiar sights of the my secret headquarters.

Felicity was lounging on her spinning chair, and Curtis and Rory were playing a game of intense chess in the corner. Rene was currently beating the pulp out the punching bag in the back of the room. And John was on his phone. "What's good, Oliver?" Felicity said to me, not looking up from her computer.

"Nothing much. Anything yet?" I greeted her back.

"No, not yet-" She says, but she suddenly straightened her back in her chair and started typing vigorously on her computer.

"I lied. There's an attack downtown." And before she could finish her sentence, I ran to my hood that was placed on a mannequin. "I'll go alone. You guys just stay here."