Cool Codenames

(There's a lot of POV switches in this chapter so I'm sorry lol)

(Not me crushing on the actor who plays Rory ✋😩)

Percy

"I'm really really hoping you guys got more information than Felicity got," I said to Rory and Oliver who just came back from. . . uh how do I put this-

Threatening someone for information.

"We narrowed it down to the Northwest part of the city," Oliver slipped his hood off, revealing his face. "It's still a needle in a haystack."

"I'll run the algorithms, cross-referencing traffic security cameras around those parts. I do hope you're right."

"Wow, since when did this place get so crowded," A familiar gruff voice said. I sighed. I hated confrontation with this guy. And just him in general, not going to lie.

"John! Hey!" Felicity went in for a hug while Rory just looked plain confused. "Do you just let anyone walk in to this secret base?"

"Yes," Curtis and Felicity replied in unison.

"This is-" Oliver began.

"Spartan. . .I'm guessing," Rory guessed correctly.

"You must be the new kid on the block," John went towards Rory and clapped him on the back.

"More like the Backstreet Boys," Curtis laughed at his own words but stopped and looked at everyone awkwardly. "It was a lot funnier in my head."

"This is Rory Regan and you met Percy." Oliver and John looked at me but I just shrugged. "Don't mind me, continue with your introductions."

John really looked like he wanted to punch me in the face. I get that a lot. "You seem to be missing someone," John stated, looking around the room in confusion.

"He got kidnapped by Church," I said to the ground.

"I know—" I felt John look at me. "Lyla and A.R.G.U.S tried to find anything that might lead us to him but she hasn't found anything yet."

"That seems to be going around lately," Felicity mumbled. But Oliver turned to her, "We are going to find Rene. I know we will. I have an early meeting at city hall so I will be seeing everybody later."

I looked up and made a weird look on my face. "Did he just sound...?"

"Optimistic?" Curtis finished my sentence for me and I nodded.

"That's not an adjective I'd ever use on Oliver Queen."

•••

Oliver

I walked into my office where Thea was already standing around waiting for me. "Rene?" My sister asked as soon as I entered the room and I shook my head, "Not good."

"Okay, so, I know this is the worst possible timing for this but the rezoning vote is in a few days-" I looked at her and she began talking again. "Allowing us to expand low-income housing in Orchid Bay"

"Yeah, yeah."

"Well, we need a 4/5 majority vote in order to pass the ordinance and-" she took a deep breath and continued talking with her hands a lot but I stopped her. "Wait. who are the holdouts?"

"Well, there's only one that really matters right now: Councilmen Kullens."

"Argh, he's decidedly antiresidential," I cursed to myself, running a hand through my hair.

"I was going to say that he's the most stubborn man in the city next to you but I guess that works." She made that troublemaker smile of hers.

"Let's get to work"