Exposing Oliver

Oliver

The last thing I expected to see when I walked into the Bunker was to see Curtis and Percy laughing away together like best friends.

They must've heard the elevator come up because they turned their heads and at the same time, their eyes widened. I would've thought it was funny, but considering the situation, it isn't so funny.

"What. the. hell."

"I can explain-" Curtis tried to say but was interrupted .

"The Mayor of Star City is the Green Arrow?! You're the Green Arrow?!" Percy pointed to me but turned to Curtis, "He's the Green Arrow?!"

Curtis nodded, and Percy gave a little squeal. "Omg, how do you do it? Being the Mayor by day but vigilante by night? Do people know your the Green Arrow? Do you find it really annoying when people don't support vigilantism? Are you dating Felicity? Gods, this is awesome. What a plot twist!"

"Can you be quiet for just one moment, I need to talk to Curtis. Privately."

"Wait, no! It wasn't his fault. I escaped the cage and the cuffs. Obviously, at first, I was going to like knock him unconscious or something, no offense," I turned to Curtis and back at Percy. "But then we got into a conversation, and he didn't put me back in the cage, which I was happy about. And  I helped him with his uh- T-Balls. And yeah. Don't yell at him. It's not his fault."

"God," I sighed while rubbing my temples. This kid was going to give me another migraine."He didn't hurt you?" I asked Curtis.

He shook his head. And I looked at Percy exasperatedly. "Just give me the cuffs. And I'll pretend this never happened."

"Don't put him back in the cage, please. He proved himself perfectly capable of not killing us when he has no cuffs on and he didn't escape because he said he honestly wanted to help you guys get John back."

"The cuffs don't work on me by the way," he shrugged nonchalantly. I'll have to get back to that in a second.

"Just because he proved his innocence to you, doesn't mean we have to trust him. Remember the deal?" Curtis and Percy both nodded.

"Please? Let him just stay in the Bunker. He doesn't have to leave the Bunker, but we can't keep treating him like an animal if he's going to help us."

I thought for a moment, and finally said, "Fine. Okay? He's not going back in the cage. But he is not to leave the Bunker, at all, unless he has my permission."

"Deal."

"Deal."

"Uh, guys? I'm right here. You're talking about me as if I'm some kind of mass murderer criminal or something. According to the first amendment, I was the rights to be free."

"Right," I said, ignoring his statement. "But you mentioned how those cuffs didn't work on you, am I right?"

He paused before reluctantly responding. "Yep. They don't work on me."

"And why is that? You're a meta because you have powers. And those handcuffs are supposed to keep you from using your powers. But it seems that you literally used your powers to escape."

"Yeah, uh, about that-" But he was interrupted by Felicitys loud heels clacking against the floor. "Sup guys," She looked up and gapped at Percy. "Uh, what's he doing there? And you both seem to have your masks off."

"What's the point of keeping our identities a secret when we're working together anyways? And we decided to let him stay out of the cage."

"Mm, okay," She gave a small smile at Percy. "But I got a question, I was looking at those coins you had in your pocket, but I don't seem to recognize them." She went to go find where she put the coins last, but she paused for a second, her eyes darting around the table. "There were 5 coins. And now there's 4. I swear I put them all here."

I was about to say something when I saw Curtis and Percy look at each other. "I may or may not  used one of the coins to call my friend to help with Curtis's T-Balls."

"How do you use a coin to call someone?" Felicity asked, her eyebrows knitting together in question.

"You gotta show them, it's super cool," Curtis insisted with a grin. Percy hesitated but gave in when Curtis wouldn't stop festering him.

"Fine. Toss me a coin, Fel."

"Don't call me that," Felicity said and threw one of the coins to Percy who caught it without even looking.

"Like I said to Curtis, please don't ask too many questions while I'm doing my thing, got it?"

We all nodded and he brought his hand out and in a second, water was spraying around the room and the light from the room caused a small rainbow to appear. He threw the coin into the air and he murmured a few words I couldn't interpret, and the coin seemed to disappear. Felicity gave a little shriek.

And soon, the empty air now showed a woman talking to a man, which looks like a hotel room. "Mom?"

The woman spun her head quickly as soon as she heard Percys voice. And surprisingly, she looked exactly like Percy in some parts. She had long chocolate brown hair that was streaked with few strands of gray hair. Her soft eyes were widened with surprise. And was wearing a light pink dress which matched a necklace she was wearing. "Percy! I swear to the gods, where are you? Paul said when he came back from the bathroom, you were gone. So I just assumed you went out for a walk, but then at the end of the day, we never found you. We called everyone we knew Percy. Annabeth, Chiron. But none of them knew where you were and- you scared me to death. Paul! Come here!"

The woman yelled to the background, and a man with salt and pepper hair walked in. This must be Percy's stepdad. "Percy! Your mom was so worried, and we never got to finish our card game!" His mom slapped her husbands arm and turned to us again. "Where are you? And who are they?"

"Okay Uh, long story short, this man started following me. Turns out he was part of Team Arrow, I went on Blackjack, they shot me out of the sky, I woke up here, one of their members is in jail and I'm helping them break him out. And this is Curtis, Oliver, and that's Felicity," Percy gave a smile.

"Oh, uh, you're helping break their friend out of jail?"

"Uh huh."

She sucks in a breath. "Well, all right. I can't say you haven't done worse than that. Just keep yourself out of trouble and call me. Every single day. Or I will personally come and find you to make sure you're okay, okay?"

"Got it, Mom."

"Glad we're on the same page. I love you, Sweetheart."

Percy smiled even wider, "I love you too, Mom."

Paul and his mom smiled, and they slashed the call away.

"Your parents sound sweet, unlike mine," Felicity said softly. "My dad is some cybercriminal who's bad guy name is 'The Calculator' And my mom is, well. If you see her, you'll know what I'm taking about."

None of us knew how to respond to her so we kept quiet.

"Okay but, ignoring all of that, what just happened? I mean, it appeared out of thin air. And the coins gone. And, and-"

"Okay. I said don't ask questions." Percy said but added, "Is there a McDonalds nearby? I'm hungry."

————

Hellooo

This chapter is dedicated to @fempercy123 moms pet fish who died from lotion. May they Rest in Lotiony Peace. 🪦🪦.

And yep. I'm thinking about publishing my other story soon even though I only pre-wrote like 5 chapters. You'll see.

And bye.