Cliffhanger Number....5?

(TW: mentions of suicide)

Oliver

I fell off the cliff, and it was not a very pleasant experience.

The cliff itself wasn't tall enough to be considered to be a cliff, but more so a ridge set on the top of a tall hill.

After a long while of fighting, punching back and forth, I lost my balance and fell of the ridge. I tried to grab the edge but I lost it by just a few inches.

I fell atop some bushes, which cushioned my landing. My back hurt but I didn't want to risk moving. Adrian was obviously going to come down and look for me, but he wasn't about to jump from that height. So as soon as I heard his footsteps walk away, I stood up, ignoring the pain in my back and ran as fast as I could.

I tried looking for a boat or some other means of transportation so I could plan my escape

While running, I notched an arrow on my bow, keeping look out in case I encountered any assassins today.

It was daytime now. The sun shone above my head, making my hair gleam. Because of this, I was drenched in sweat. My hair stuck to my forehead, and I could feel my clothes dripping with liquid. I was in pain and exhausted, but I couldn't stop now.

I saw a boat not far from where I stood. It was slowly departing from the island, so I ran faster. I ran in the water and wadded through the water before jumping on the back of the boat. This was the same boat Percy was using earlier. But as I got closer, a figure stood on the deck. And it wasn't Percy.

How did Adrian get here before me?

I walked closer to him. Although his back was faced towards me, I knew he sensed my presence.

And it was as if Chase read my mind because he
started speaking. ""I know how you think Oliver. I told you before, we're more alike than you think."

He turned towards me, raising an eyebrow.

I scoff. "And as I've said before, we're nothing alike."

"That's what you keep telling yourself," He chuckled before taking a step back and opening the door to the small cockpit. There on the floor was an unconscious Percy.

Shit, how does this kid keep getting himself into these situations?

"Let him go," I raise my bow. But he just laughs and blocks the way to the door. "Stop telling me empty threats, Oliver. We both know you aren't going to do it, which is why I brought an incentive for you."

He pulls up his jacket, showing a series of bombs strapped around his waist. My eyes look to his waist before looking up at Adrian, making eye contact. He just laughs.

Felicity

"Oh, my god. Oh, my god. Oh, my god," I mutter to myself, pacing back and forth.

"Calm down, it's just a bomb," Rene shrugs, barely even fazed that we could possibly blow up at any second.

"Just a bomb? JUST A BOMB? WE'RE STANDING ON AN ISLAND FULL OF BOMBS THAT COULD DETONATE AT ANY SECOND, RENE! HOW CAN I BE CALM? IM FREAKING OUT."

"Okay, yeah, Hoss, you could be right. But honestly, if I had to be stuck on an island with anyone, it would be you."

I stop in my spot and look at him, still bending over over the C-4. "Why?"

"Because you're the only one who can get us out of this situation," he replies. I couldn't help my smile at his compliment.

"You're right, you're right. Percy and Oliver are counting on me,"

"Us," Rene corrects.

"Right, us. Okay, I won't be able to defuse all the bombs on the island, obviously. But I could probably fix up the plane and try to find everyone else a lot faster." 

"What can I do?" He stands up from the crate he was sitting on, and I think for a moment.

"Oh! Try to contact Oliver, we need to tell him about the whole bomb situation." I hand him my tablet. "If you break it, I break you."

"Got it, Mom."

Oliver

It immediately figured out where the bombs were placed before anything else. I knew he'd do something stupid, but I didn't realize he'd be willing to sacrifice the League to save his own ass. Wait, actually, it seems like something he'd do.

"You won't do it." I say, eyeing the bombs carefully.

"Oh, but I will. You see, I don't care for most of the people on that island, but I'm pretty sure you have two friends over there who have no way off the island. So, what will it be?" He grabs Percy from the floor of the cockpit and holds his limp body in his arms. He must've used some tranq gun because he was out cold. A knife was now pressed against Percy's neck, and my eye twitched.

"You know what you got to do. Kill me. I know you want to do it. It'll finally show you how similar we really are " he sneered. 

Now, we were too far to walk back to the shore, we were farther out.

"This is entertaining, isn't it? The kid or your other friends. What will it be?" Adrian wiped some blood off his cheek and grinned maniacally. "I know who I'd choose."

Adrian began stroking Percy's cheek. Percy's head lolled to the side, and I willed him to wake up, begging in my mind, but it didn't work. "Poor boy, don't you think? You ruined his life. A teenager. How does that make you feel, Oliver, knowing that you could be the cause of his death. Would you knock on the door of his house and face his family? Tell them you killed their child? No, I don't think you would. I think you'd be a  coward and have someone else to your dirty work while you grieve."

My mind was racing. I didn't know what to do. Adrian's words made me rethink my decision, but I knew that's what he was doing. He wanted to me to pick one over the other, and be the cause of someone's death. Felicity and Rene, or Percy. But that was when the best thing Rene could ever do happened.

"Hoss?" His voice crackled in my ear comms and I had to bite the insides of my cheek from smiling. Chase hadn't realized that Rene was talking to me yet. "There are bombs all over the island! Felicity and I found a plane, and she's fixing it right now, she's having a bit of trouble but don't worry bout' us. Just try to get off the island." And his voice disappeared from my ear..

I'm glad I had a good poker face because Chase didn't even realize what just happened.

And a plan quickly formed in my head.

My hand no longer shook as I held my bow. I aimed it at his heart. Adrian looked at the arrow and where it was aimed, and he grinned. "You're not gonna-" he began to say, but at the last second, I re-aimed for his foot and I let the arrow fly, stopping his words.

As soon as it hit his foot, he dropped Percy and yelled in pain, holding his foot. He then dropped to the floor, holding his torso.

Out of nowhere, it started drizzling rain, making my clothes stick to my body and making the floor of the boat slippery

I quickly grabbed Percy from off the floor and pulled him to my side.

"Wow, I didn't expect that," he laughed, hand stilll cradling his foot. In one swift movement, he pulled the arrow out of his folt. He grimaced in pain, but still kept a smile on his face. His side of his face still had dry blood on it. The sight of it made me glad.

"Well, this is what it came to, huh?" He laughs at himself, while my face remained stolid. "You did good, Oliver. You did good. It's a shame you won't have any other friends to celebrate with."

He pulled out a gun from his pocket, and put it against his temple. I could only shout before he shot himself in the head, blood spraying everywhere.

The island exploded immediately after.

And I didn't see an airplane come up from the flames.

—————

Guys. I am absolutely loving these cliffhangers. I'm not kidding. They're so fun. And I actually like this chapter so yay for me 👏👏 the story will probably end in 2-3 chapters, so it's finally going to come to an end :(

Here's a fun qotc for you!
What's your favorite color? Wrong answers only. >:)))

Bye my lovely's <3