Saving the Dog

(currently jamming to Olivia Rodrigos new album)

Oliver

When I arrived at the office, I saw Thea lounging around on the couch, twirling a pen between her fingers. "So, got anything on Rene yet?" She asked, already bored of asking it every time we meet. I was about to shake my head as a 'no' but instead, I got a phone call. I dug my phone out of my pockets, and I felt the little vibrates spread across my hand. I checked the caller ID even though I knew it was Felicity the moment it rang.

"What do you got?" I asked as I brought my phone up to my ears, and that's when I heard the best news I heard all week. "We got his location. It's in the middle of the woods, but at least its somewhere. I already dispatched Percy and Rory out to the location just a few minutes ago," she replied rather quickly, someone who didn't know her probably wouldn't have understood a word that came out of her mouth just then but from being with her almost 24/7, my brain was wired to understand Felicity talk

"Send me the coordinates," I said with a smile and across the line, I heard her tap on a key on her keyboard; and I immediately heard the notification on my phone.

I hung up and stuffed the phone in my back pocket. "Well? What is it?" Thea asked, her eyes wide with curiosity. She sat up straight.

"Felicity found Rene's location, I got to go now then. Do you think you can stall everyone for a little?" I clasped my hands together, already knowing my sister would say yes but all I got was an eyeroll. "You better get back quick, because stalling for you is not one easy task." I grinned and ran out of my office and soon, I was already on Percy and Rory's trail save our friend.

****

Rory and Percy were already waiting for me at a safe distance away from Church and his men. I self-consciously was about to ask where Diggle was, but I stopped myself before opening my mouth, already forgetting he was in hiding. It felt different not having him on the team. I'm used to working alone, but with Spartan, we get each other.

Rory was wearing his usual rag outfit and not surprisingly, Percy was wearing a black hoodie and some jeans. Not the best choice in fashion for a rescue mission, but then again, I couldn't exactly judge since I'm the one wearing a costume, as Percy likes to put it. He was fiddling with a pen in his hands, similarly to how Thea was in my office, however, one pen is a magical sword that kills monsters. I don't think I'll ever get over that.

Rory pointed over to Rene who was shoveling the dirt. From afar, I couldn't tell whether he was badly injured or not, but the smell of blood and sweat that wafted between my nose told me what I needed to know. "Church is making him dig his own grave," Rory whispered. "That's definitely not a sight I wanted to see today, but whatever."

I gave the area a quick glance, observing every detail from Churches clothes to the amount of dead leaves on the ground. "So what's the plan, Boss?" I heard Percy say while he gave me a soft nudge.

"When I give the signal, I want you guys to aim everything you have at Church and his men. Our first priority is getting Rene out alive and safe. We can get Church another time, but if we do happen to get a hit or two in, that wouldn't be that bad either."

"We should just go now, Church is obviously distracted and Rene doesn't seem like dying anytime soon," Percy offered out but I shook my head. 

"Not now, I just need Rene to move a little farther away from them, so when we attack, it'll be harder for someone to grab him and he'll have time to run. But knowing our Wild Dog, he's going to fight," I explained.

Percy gave a look at Rory and looked back at me and gave me a small shrug. "Whatever you say, but I just wanna go home now." Rory and I gave him a look of desperation.