Thea Fangirls like a Fangirl

Oliver

"Can I come with you?" My sister slid up next to me right as I was finishing up some documents.

"Where?" I asked, not looking up from my work.

"The author expo," she states. I look up at her in bewilderment.

"I mean, sure. But I didn't think you were interested in something like that."

"Okay, to be honest, me neither. But I looked online and turns out one of my favorite authors is going to be there, and I'm just dying to meet her."

I snorted, "I never thought I'd hear that sentence coming from your mouth."

"Oh, shut up, Ollie," she slaps my arm playfully, and I just grin at her.

"How long have you been interested in reading?"

Thea thought for a moment, "A year. Laurel sorta got me into reading when I was doing the community service with her."

I begin to remember the time when Thea had to go to court for consuming vertigo and recklessly driving. I'm still glad that she had to do community service and not jail time. I don't think she could last a day in prison.

Suddenly, Quentin walked in my office and said that the driver just arrived. I stand up, pushing myself away from the desk. I swing my suit jacket on, and I saw Thea pick up a book and shove it in her purse. I'm assuming that's the one she wants signed.

The drive from the office to the expo wasn't very long. But the traffic near the building was worse than it was near my office. People were literally teeming from the expo, I didn't expect it to be this crowded.

Once we got inside, I was forced to make conversation with a few people here and there. I even noticed a news station crew setting up their equipment in the corner of the room.

I turned to look at Thea but found that she disappeared from my side. I turned to Quentin but it seems he has left as well. I suppose it's just me now.

I began to wander around, a few people recognizing me along the way. I finally spotted Thea near the front of a line for a table. I stand next to her, and she looks up at me. "This is the author I was talking about, Sally Jackson." I got a good look at the author Thea was fangirling all about. She had dark brown hair and gentle eyes. She was wearing a blazer over a simple shirt and jeans. I knew her from somewhere.

"Hi, there!" The woman said as we finally reached the front. "What're your names?"

Thea excitedly hands her the book, "Hi! I'm Thea, it's so nice to meet you."

"Thea. . . what a pretty name!" Sally exclaimed, and opened the cover of her book and signed her name on it.

"So, who's your favorite character in the book?" Sally asked, handing my sister the book back.

"Oh, that's a tough one. But I really love Percy."

Sally smiled and said, "Oh, you're in luck! My son, Percy is over there right now. I based his character off my son." she turned around in her chair. "Percy! Come here, please."

And he came out a second later.

I finally remembered how I knew Sally Jackson.

I just stared at the boy, my mouth half-open in shock. He made eye-contact with me and gave me an awkward smile before looking at Thea and smiling. I let out a sigh of relief, at least he didn't recognize me. How could I be so stupid? He isn't here on vacation, he's here because his mom was invited to the expo.

"Oh, you're Percy! Oh my god, you're exactly how I would imagine his character in the book" Thea said.

He chuckles, "Haha, thanks."