Arrested

Oliver

The kid gave off a certain vibe that I didn't like. Something about him was just. . . off. I just think he knows more than what he's telling us, however, the rest of the team seems content on him helping out, as if they forgot who he was and what he did.

I refused to let him out of the cage, not yet fully trusting him to roam around on his own. Like I had told him earlier, I do not trust him, especially in a room full of gadgets and weapons. So there he sat, mumbling to himself, fingering tapping against the floor in a rhythmic pattern.

Today, I was going to try to convince the District Attorney to represent John in court if our plan doesn't work.

The rest of the team left the bunker, except for Curtis who wanted to work on his T-Balls or whatever, could care less about what he did, just as long as he kept watch on Percy and didn't let him out. I am afraid, though, if Percy does manage to escape, he'll have to incapacitate Curtis. I'm sure that encounter would last a second, and not in Curtis's favor.

When I arrived at city hall, I nodded to the lobby security guard and walked into the elevator alone. I quickly pressed the button to my floor, planning on heading to my office to drop off my stuff before heading over to Adrian's office. But to my surprise, he was already in there.

I walked in, and I immediately noticed him hunched over my desk, his back faced to me. I couldn't tell what he was doing, but I didn't like it. The door shut closed behind me, and he spun around at the sound of it. He straightened his back and plastered a smile on his face. "Sorry, I was just dropping some documents off, and then some papers fell out of your file so I was putting them back for you."

"Right. . . thanks," I eyed him suspiciously, walking over to him and my desk. I looked over at my desk but it looked the same as it did from yesterday. I don't think he was telling the truth, but I don't think he had any bad intentions either. "Well, I need to ask you for a favor."

"Yeah, what's up?"

"My friend, John, he's being accused of a crime he didn't commit. And I know he isn't going to be fairly represented in court. Because of that, I want you to be the one to represent him."

"Why me? I'm sure there are plenty of other attorney's who'd be willing to help him out-"

"I know, I'm aware, but I want you. Someone I know. And trust."

Adrian hesitated before wavering a smile. "Yeah, all right, sure. I'll go meet with him today if I have time."

I clapped my hands together, "Thank you so much." He smiled at me and walked out. I ran my hands through my hair and sat down behind my desk, spinning my chair so I had a view of the outside.

I sat there for a few more minutes, admiring the view of the city. Spinning back around, I look at the clock on the wall to see that it was already 8:30. I was surprised that neither Thea or Quentin had come yet. But as if he was summoned, Quentin walked in, phone in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other.

"Oh, Quentin, thanks a bunch for the coffee, I really needed it-" I reached over for the coffee in his hand, but he shot me look before moving the coffee away from me.

"Who said that was yours? It's mine. Get your own," He scolded at me before taking a long sip from his cup.

I sat back in my chair, pouting at my friend.

~~~~~

John

They shoved me in the back of their van. The handcuffs laid cold on my wrists. One soldier sat at either side of my body, with three others sitting across of me, large rifles in ready position.