Handcuffs

Oliver

After what felt like hours, we managed to get out of the warehouse, after getting hit by multiple rounds of fire. We didn't have the upperhand, and Church forced us out of there. And then John had to get arrested right away.

We were in the middle of the fight. We managed to get out of Church's men's line of fire, and some of us got into hand-to-hand combat while the rest of us had to rely on our weapons to fight. And I had Church. He was right there, and I had the perfect shot. But right when I was about the release my finger on the arrow, someone's phone rang, echoing loudly across the room. Turns out it was John's phone. But since he was in the middle of beating this one guy to the pulp, he didn't exactly have the time to reach in his back pocket to answer his phone. 

However, once the man Diggle was beating up was clearly unconscious, if not dead, he finally picked up his phone. "Lyla? I'm busy right now. Can we talk later?" John said to his wife.

I heard mumbling on the other side but I couldn't decipher what they were saying. But apparently, it wasn't good because Diggle's face looked worried. He ran out of the warehouse, and I shot the arrow at Church, but I didn't stay long enough to see if I got him good. Me and the team followed John out of the warehouse. 

 Once out, we noticed the entire precinct was here, or that's what I assumed. We signaled to them that they could go in. A few policemen ran in the warehouse, but we couldn't stay to watch the rest of the fight play out. John didn't specify why he needed to go. But it seemed urgent. And John doesn't do urgent. 

We all ran back to the bunker, where John basically ripped off his outfit and slipped on his old clothes. He was almost in the elevator going down, when I slipped in at the last second. "You don't have to tell me what's wrong, but let me come with."

I doubt he would've let me come if I wasn't already in the elevator with him. After a huff and a puff, and a hesitant sigh, he reluctantly said, "Fine, but no questions."

We got into his car and we starting driving down in the dead of night. At this point, he was way past midnight. I checked the clock in the car and noticed my assumptions were right, it was 2 in the morning. With my heart still racing from our fight from before, and the worry of what was happening, I barely felt tired. 

Although the streetlights barely illuminated the streets, I managed to figure out where we were going. I recognized the streets well enough to know that we were going to Diggle's apartment. The drive wasn't that long, but must've felt like half an hour due to the silence. During the ride, I couldn't help but notice John mumble incoherently to himself, his leg shaking vividly. 

When we arrived, the first thing I noticed was the large military cars out in the street. Two large men with rifles at their sides stood guarding the lobby. When we got out of the car and went to the guards, they blocked our way, but once they took one look at John, they let us through. We went up the stairs instead of the elevators, which was the quickest route due to the amount of military traffic there was in the lobby. Was all of this for Diggle?

When got into his hallway, his apartment door was blocked who were more soldiers. They too noticed and recognized Diggle and let him pass. But when I tried to walk into his unit, they blocked my path.  "Let me in," I demanded. But they didn't say anything. I looked at John for help and he came to my aid. "Just let him in," John said to the men. They reluctantly let me in and made a scene by purposely shoving my way pass them.

Lyla was holding John Jr on her hip, his face reminding me was a squishy marshmallow. Lyla noticed us and greeted us, "Oh, John, this man wants to talk to you. They just barged in and- I don't know what's happening. They just got here but they're ransacked our entire place and woke up the baby and-"

J"It's okay, I'll handle this," John kissed her on the cheek and went into another room with a man who I assumed was the military general. The man closed the door once John walked in, and before it shut, he gave the two of us a longing look. 

Lyla turned to me with deepened eyes, "Oliver, thanks for coming." Her attention then turned to her child who still slept soundly despite the chaos that was happening around him.

"Of course, anything for John," I replied, watching as the baby slept.

I looked at the clock, and it seemed that 15 minutes had past since John walked into that room, but right when I looked back at the door, it opened and the two of them walked out. But John walks out in handcuffs. 

———-

DONT FORGET TO

VOTE

COMMENT

AND NOT GET ARRESTED 

OH AND- IF U ACTUALLY WATCH THE ARROW, YOU KNOW THAT JOHN GETS ARRESTED RIGHT AWAY, AND BASICALLY RETIRES. BUT IM CHANGING THE PLOT SO IT WORKS FOR ME.