Have I Said How Much I Hate Planes?

Mentions of blood and stuff?

Oliver

I stared at the flames for longer than I should have, hoping deep down in my heart that a plane would arise from the flames but seconds had past, and then minutes and I still saw nothing.

Something made me sick in my stomach, I reached over to the ledge of the boat to catch myself. I rose a hand to my mouth, trying to stop myself from crying. They couldn't be dead, they couldn't. They must've found a way to escape, I told myself, hoping for a miracle that may never come. I quickly pulled myself together, splashed my face with salt water and walked over to Percy. I swung his arm around my shoulder, and held up his weight.

It was only when I looked up at Lian Yu that I saw a plane rise up from the ashes, sputtering from the back side of the island. The plane itself was smoldered, and looked like it would break at any second, but it was flying. And I knew right away that Felicity and Rene were on that plane.

I whooped in the air, grinning from ear to ear. I turned to look at Percy, hoping to share this excitement together only to remember he was still knocked out. But it was then that he finally began to stir on against me, his eyes fluttering before opening wide. He woke up, looked at me and sighed.

Of course, he slept through the whole thing.

"Woah, what happened?" He muttered, rubbing his eyes.

"Well, a lot. You got shot by a tranq gun, makes sense because you could've beat Adrian with a snap of a finger if you wanted, he was just too lazy to do anything about it. And speaking of Adrian, look-"

I point over to Adrian's body laying slump against the side of the boat, sitting in a pool of his own blood.

"Oh, did you-" Percy began to ask but I interrupted him, already knowing what his question was.

"No. He did it to himself." I motioned my head towards the gun still in Adrian's hands, and Percy's eyes darkened in understanding.

"I'm glad you're okay though," I added, looking down at Percy as he finally stood on his own without my support, the residue of the tranquilizer draining itself out of his body.

"Thanks, same with you. I don't think I said this yet but I really do appreciate you coming to save me, especially after how we first met, I know we got off on the wrong foot, but I'm glad we're friends now."

"We're friends?" I ask him sarcastically, faking a confused look.

Percy rolls his eyes at me. "Where's Felicity and Rene?"

"They escaped the explosion just barely. Saw them on a plane just before you woke up," I replied, turning my body towards the island still in flames. Percy walks up next to me and looks at Lian Yu. He must've already put two and two together when he saw Adrian's body wrapped in bombs.

He then sat on the deck, rubbing his head and avoiding eyesight with the dead body while I went to the steering wheel. I did a wide turn, taking us back to the Lian Yu. I no longer saw the plane in the air, so I was hoping they had already landed back on the beach.

It didn't take long for us to reach the island, and when we did, Percy and I hopped off the boat.

We had to walk a mile to find the spot where Felicity had landed. But Percy didn't realize that we needed to use the plane to fly back, because as soon as he saw it, he faltered. "Not again. Have I explained how much I hate planes? Because, oh, man, I really hate them."

It took awhile to force Percy to get on board. Especially because he said he could get back another way, but wouldn't explain what that mode of transportation was, and after everything that just happened, we weren't about to let him go off on his own so soon. So finally we got him on the plane. We had to reassure Percy that Felicity wouldn't let the altitude get too high.

And as he began our ascend in the air, he scrunched up in a ball in his seat, ignoring Rene's constant gibe and taunting.

Percy

Was I sad that Adrian was dead? No.

Was I annoyed that I wasn't there to help? Yes.

But was I scared out of my life as we were flying over land and water? Very much yes.

This flight was the longest I've ever been on, well, not counting for when I was unconscious the whole time. One of my first flights was when I was with Grover and Annabeth and we had to come back to Camp in time for the Solstice. And even then, I was more scared than a Dryad being chased by Mr. D.

I swore I could hear Zeus's voice in the back of my head saying if we went any higher, he'd blast us out the sky and act like nothing ever happened. But I tried my best to zone him out.

But after my friends constant reassurance that I wasn't going to die, even though they couldn't promise it, I told them everything. I mean, everything.

Yes, the timing was weird, but I found the time to be perfect as well.

We had been through so much together. I couldn't imagine my life without them. They drive me insane, but insane in a good way because I love them all so much. They've done as much for me as I've done for them, and the least I can do is stop lying and tell them the truth about who I truly am.

I just hope they'll take it okay.

—————

"Woah, slow your roll, Hoss. You're telling me that you're part god?" Rene shouted , internally freaking out.

"Part Greek god, a demigod, yup."

"And the reason you have those freaky water powers is because you're the son of the Greek god of the sea?"

"Yep, hydrokenesis," I nod for the thousandth time, my head was started to tire.

"That's Poseidon, right?" Felicity perks in from her seat.

I nod, hoping she saw me from the rear mirror.

"And your girlfriend, the blonde one-?" Oliver asks, acting like he doesn't really care but I can tell he's genuinely curious.

"Annabeth, yeah. She's also a demigod. Her mom is Athena."

"Ah, makes sense. And that Leo kid? The one who helped Curtis fix his T-Balls?"

"Son of Hephaestus."

"That's a lot to take it," Felicity whispers.

"You don't even know the half of it," I scoff and look out the window and down at the ocean. But immediately looked back inside as soon as I realized how high in the air we were, and I yelled at Felicity to bring us lower. 

——

AREN'T YOU PROUD OF ME? I didn't do a cliffhanger this time!! It's a short one but I'm sure that makes up for no cliffhanger. Ayyyy!

Qotc - if you were to find a dead body in a hotel room, what would you do??

This one is so random. I found it online, so ig it makes sense.