Chapter 19

After I called my mom, I felt like it was necessary to seek out the authorities. But, I didn't really know how much good it would do. When I was examining Wynn's neck, I didn't see any marks. If I didn't see any, then, I was sure there would be no sign of her being choked the next morning. I felt ashamed that I didn't even ask her what she wanted to do. I was so hell bent on taking care of the whole thing myself, that I didn't even ask her what she wanted to do. I wasn't thinking about how inconvenient this whole setup would be for her. I mean, we were only on day two, and I had yet to come up with a solid plan to actually solve this issue. The reason I couldn't really come up with one, 'cause I never thought to seek any input. So, as soon as she got back tonight, we'd discuss this.

I finally acknowledge Priest, who had come back into the house while I was on the phone. "Hey. Find anything?" I ask. I'd asked her to see if she could find out what Kady was saying on social media. She plays around on her phone for a minute, and then begins to pass it over to me. I look at her in uncertainty as I take it in my hand. When I looked down on the screen, I could see that it was dark blue, with pictures and little messages next to them. Oh, I knew what this was-- Twitter. It was open to Kady's profile-- her @ name was KadyTheLady. I scroll down and resist the urge to roll my eyes at what I was seeing-- a bunch of tweets of her flirting with seemingly a million other women. I knew feminine women did that with each other all the time, in an effort to boost confidence. I didn't see it happen on a platonic level between studs and fems, though. Her timeline was full of her flirting with every stud she could find, on the internet.

"You messy." I tell Priest, handing her phone back to her.

"I'm only on that girl's page 'cause you asked me to be. I just thought it was something that you should see. Other than that, there's nothing on her profiles. Which, I gotta say, that wasn't surprising."

"Yeah, I'm not shocked either. Well, I am shocked at how extra she's being on Twitter, but... it's whatever." I say, scoffing.

"So... what's the plan?"

"Well, I was on the phone with my mama, and she thinks we should go to the police. I think she might be right. But... I wanna see what Wynn thinks about it. I just realized that she was so scared, she just went with the first option we threw at her. It's only fair that she has some say, right?" I ask Priest.

"Definitely. But, I really think we should keep her here, just until the police actually do something."

"Oh, yeah, unless she says no. Which she won't." I say, confidently.

"Any updates on the Chris thing?" she asks.

"Yeah. I think I might have to play the long game with her, too. I followed her today." I reveal.
Priest's eyes get wide. "Really? What happened?"
"I was on the way to the library, and we wind up at the same red light. I spotted her first and it looked like she recognized me, but she didn't. But I followed her to see where she would go, 'cause I was trying to get dirt on her. Turns out she works where I used to work, over there at the warehouse."
"Oh, word?"
"Mmhmm. So, I walk my ass in there and I see one of the coworkers I used to be hella cool with. She kind of tells me a little bit about Chris and what she be doing at work. I needed more info, so I slid into the boss's office. I rummaged through the drawers, tryna get some intel on Chris. My old boss almost caught me going through the files!"

Priest's brows rose. "Either you did or didn't get caught. Which is it?" she asks.

"I guess, technically he did catch me messing around in his desk. But, he didn't know why I was doing it. He ain't catch me looking through the files, tryna get shit on Chris-- I told him that I was looking for the candy drawer. So, he told me it was on the other side. When I realized he believed me, I almost passed out from nerves."

"You? Nervous? Wow." she says.

I laugh obnoxiously just to let Priest know I wasn't amused with her comment.

This bitch knew I'd been nothing but a bundle of nerves, especially after that shit she pulled.

"So, turns out her name is Christyn... Perry. Same exact fucking birthday, P." I say.

"Like year, included?"

"Year included." I confirm. "And she live over there on Greenblatt. I thought about going out there, but didn't think it would be smart to check it out, in person. At least not by myself. The bitch is looking for me, so I need not be out there, lacking. On top of that, I think her house is being surveilled. So when I left the warehouse I slid to the library like I intended to do and gathered some more info. I looked at her social media, and she posted all kinds of shit about how tough she is. To me, it was clear she was boasting about the fact that she caused harm to somebody. So I made a dummy email, took screenshots and sent it to the police."

"Wow. What was she saying?"

"The one tweet that really stuck out to me, was 'gotcha'. This bitch said, 'gotcha'." I emphasized.

"Well, what makes you think that she was talking about killing Vicky?" Priest asks.

"'Cause she also tweeted, 'I ain't the one to play with', or some shit like that. She's talking about Vicky. Trust me on this one." I assert.

She nods. "I believe you."

"I appreciate that. Now, get this. She took a picture of herself in the car, with a gun behind her. Sent that shit over, to the police, too. Now, I just gotta see what happens... the only thing is, I don't know if I'm gonna wind up face to face with Chris before the police do anything." If I did, I didn't know what would happen, and it made me very scared... for her.

⭐️Vote/Comment⭐️