Chapter 7

Vicky pulled me into the comic store. It was called Hella Comics. I rolled my eyes at how lame the name was. I was kind of intrigued by how many comics and figurines and stuff were in here. Vicky gave a nod to the owner, who she called  Sal. He was a white dude with sandy brown hair and a long ponytail.

"Hey there, Vicky. Who's your friend?"

"Oh, this is Ashley.." Vicky remarked.
I waved at Sal. "Hey, how ya doin' man?"

Even though I never said Ashley was my name, I decided not to say anything. The whole reason I went by Ash is because it's mostly associated with Ashley, not Ashtyn. Even though  it was only my middle name, I didn't need ANYONE connecting the dots between me and Ash. My plan was working.

But  I knew I couldn't kill this bitch now. Someone else has seen me with her. Sal could probably  identify me from a line up, off of my skin color and stature, alone. I didn't do too much to conceal my identity, either. I had on a SnapBack and shades on, with normal clothes on. I had forgotten to pull my hair back, in my bun. That's probably how Vicky recognized me— whether she realized it or not. No matter what style I put it in, it was obviously long. Now, I had to rethink my whole entire assassination plan. Congrats Vicky, you just bought yourself a little bit more time to live.

As usual, I wound up at Priest's house. "I may as well give you a key, as much as you come over here."

"Nah, wouldn't wanna walk in on you and Lena." I joke. "I came over here to see if you had a little fun religious tangent to go off of, while I ponder about my very existence."

Priest chuckles. "No, I'm sorry. I've just been thinking very hard about what I'm gonna do once I run out of supplies. I've been asking God for guidance, but I'm still not sure. As bad as I hate what I'm doing, at least I know what it is, y'know? I'm a little scared, but I know God got me, period. He got us. 'Cause I recall a little birdie telling me that she was ready to move on in a different direction, too."

Obviously she was referring to me. "I told you, Priest. Just tell me when you stop. I'll stop, too. As much as I love the money, I'm starting to go soft. You know I almost killed a bitch today?"

She furrows her eyebrows and folds her arms. "Am I supposed to applaud you for your restraint? Zee, I really hope you're ready to explain all of your actions to your maker."

"My maker? Girl, what am I, made in China? Chill. I'm sure God knows my heart.. or whatever." I mutter.

"How are the kids?" she asks, changing the subject.

"Getting on my damn nerves, so you know that means they're good... kinda. Britt just had a birthday. She was gonna have a party, but her little bad ass couldn't behave in school, so we cancelled it. We gon still throw it, but she doesn't know that. I still have yet to get her a present. What do 10 year old girls even like? Barbies?"

"What did you like when you were 10?"

"Bitches." I replied.

"You mean to tell me you were never into little girly toys? Ever?"

"Nah, I always wanted to be outside with the neighborhood boys. I'm sure I had a Susie Q somewhere, but never played with it. Are you kidding me? Gross." I scoffed.

Priest chuckled. "Okay, it was just a question."

"Shit, what did you play with when you were little?"

"Well, my daddy gave me a Cabbage Patch doll. He also got me one of those little jeeps, too. Oh, and I had stuffed animals for days. He spoiled me quite often. He used to think the world of me before I came out." she explained.