Chapter 21

The next day, I was practically sitting on my hands, at home. I really didn't know what to do with myself. I was really worried about Wynn and thinking of all the bad things that could happen to her. Priest wound up finding somebody to install a home security system from a whole different company at Wynn's crib. I was glad she had an alarm system now, but it didn't quite quell my uneasiness. I went ahead and left her something to ease my mind a little.

I take a deep sigh and stare at the mountain of stuff, sitting right in front of me. There was a large amount of merch sitting in the middle of the living room. There was also seemingly a million and one pounds of packing materials. They were delivered almost as soon as I got back.

Looking at the huge pile made me realize that, no matter what was going on in my personal life, I had to move toward— there was no other option. I had quit my number one hustle, so I needed to be all in with this one. Luckily, I had garnered a lot of interest in my clothing line through Instagram. Through a bootleg version of a photo shoot, I got really nice pictures of myself and my sisters in the Choice merch. Now that I had gotten the stuff, it was time to send it off.

What I did was contact more than a few popular business pages, offering to send them free stuff in exchange for promotion. As luck would have it, they all accepted, which made me very excited. Actually, as of a few minutes ago, I received three more DMs from companies asking to collaborate with me. In hopes of impressing them, I decided that I would send out some jazzy PR boxes, mimicking what the big companies do.

I grab a nearby notebook along with a pen, so I could brainstorm how the box should be arranged. Once I was satisfied with it, I start putting the boxes together.

Two weeks later, I had just finished writing the last letter of the day. I put it into a PR box. I sigh in relief as I remember that this is the very last one I had to send out. I put it to the side and spark up. I felt like I'd gotten the best workout of my life. Every box I had required a whole bunch of effort to pack. It was massive.

The PR boxes came with one of everything; a shirt with a random sarcastic quote on it, a another shirt with an image, two bracelets— one glitter, and the other uses beads, and a necklace. There was also an assortment of hats— snap backs, beanies, and visors.  Each company would get one of each. The boxes kind were kind of like the Ivy Park boxes, but much smaller. The color scheme is burgundy and mint green and the brand logo was all over the boxes.

I took a glance at the stack of completed orders that were sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall. I liked how it looked... I felt pride in it. I take another puff. Hmm... maybe this was how I could send all my packages out. Customers of other companies usually wind up disappointed that their packages aren't as well put together as the IG influencers' orders. So... this is a way I could impress them and hopefully retain their business. I then thought of how I could expand this business. Now, obviously I had to see how popular my merch would be before adding anything else to the line. However, I already knew that I wanted to add more options. For example, I was thinking of adding jeans, or shoes, maybe. It wouldn't hurt to add more designs on the shirts and hats.

I smiled to myself. I was a legal entrepreneur now. Thus far, this kind of life was tiring, but I did a lot less looking over my shoulder for the police. That's not to say I was completely safe. I had zero idea of where Chris was. Even though Jade had mentioned that Chris was looking for Ash, I didn't feel scared in my own house. I felt a bit more at ease, since I hadn't left the house that many times. I mean... I didn't have to meet up with anybody to organize hits, I didn't have to do anything extra for my sisters, and I was mad at Priest, so I didn't go to her house. I debated leaving the house today, though.  On one hand, I would love to get these boxes out. On the other hand, I was kinda sore from all the work I did.

One of the businesses had just posted their review of my stuff today, and it was a fairly popular one. I decided to just hurry up and drop 'em these boxes off at the post office today. That way, when the orders from the promo posts rolled in, I would be starting with a clean slate. I take a few more puffs of the blunt and put it out. As bad as I wanted to sit back and relax, I knew I wouldn't get these boxes out if I didn't do it right now.

After ten minutes of me lugging these heavy ass boxes to my car, I can finally leave the house. Ugh, I would need to hire some help, next time. As much as I pride myself on doing shit by myself, lifting heavy things was not really my ministry. So, when I pulled up to the post office, I grab a hand truck. Then, I rolled all of those packages into the post office and sent everything off. As I'm walking out of the place, I get a call from Wynn.

"Hey! Wassup?" I greet.
"Zee!! Come quick! Someone broke in!" she screeches.
Shit!

⭐️ Vote/Comment ⭐️