Chapter 11

Once I sat in the car, I heard Joey telling Britt what she just saw go down. "They were basically eating each other's face off." she explained to Britt, who was too damn young to hear about stuff like this. I shut the door and instructed them to mind their business. "You like Priest? But what about Kady?" Britt asked, even after I done told them this wasn't up for discussion. For a second, I didn't even realize who she was talking about. "Who the hell is- oh." She was referring to my ex-who-refuses-to-be-my-ex-girlfriend. I never told my sisters about our problems.
"Wow," says Joey, whose eyes got big. "She made you forget about Kady that quick?"

"How about you mind your business, Joey? I want you to forget about what you just saw."

"I'll forget for $10." she says, with her hands out.
"Me, too." Britt says, in agreement.

I clutched my invisible pearls.
"I am shocked that y'all would extort your sister like this. Both of y'all need Jesus." I say, pretending to be offended.

"No, I need my money." said Joey, with her open hand still extended towards me. I chuckle in disbelief as I pulled out my wallet and gave each sister a ten dollar bill.

"Where did y'all learn to be so savage?" I inquired.

"From you." Joey says.

I had to chuckle because Joey was right. I never really expected to rub off on them.

After I dropped my sisters off and returned home, I had an urgent text from Jade. It read, CALL ME!! I furrowed my eyebrows. I called her right away.

"Hey, Jade, what's up? You good?" I asked her.

"I just got an update on Chris and her charges. I don't wanna discuss it over the phone. Can I come over?" she asks, seemingly blabbering a mile a minute.
"Yeah." I say, telling her my address.
I rolled my eyes when I heard Kady stirring around.

"What are you still doing here?" I asked, annoyed.

"What are you talking about?" she asks me, looking genuinely confused.

"I thought you said you were going back home."

She folds her arms and glares at me. "I never told you when. Why do you want me out of here so fast? So you can bring another bitch over here?"
I cut my eyes at her. "What is it with you and these accusations? I will be having a friend over tonight, yes. But... that was going to be true whether you stayed or didn't. You said you weren't, though, so I'm confused.

"It sounds like you wanna break up, to me. If that's what kind of time you're on, then just say it!" she exclaims.

"I already did! You didn't listen to me!" I shouted.

"That's because you didn't mean it. Everybody knows if you break up, then fuck again, you're back together." I furrowed my brows.
"No, it means everybody involved is stupid and is kidding themselves."
"Oh, so.... you wasn't just in this pussy, telling me you wanted to work it out?" she asks in an accusatory tone, furrowing her eyebrows.
"I know what I said, okay? I didn't mean it. You didn't mean what you said either. And that's fine. This is just not gonna work out. And it's okay." I say.

Up until now, I didn't realize she was crying. I thought about my past memories with her. We were going good until she started accusing me of messing with everybody I glance at. It's irritating, and if it didn't stop this far into the relationship, it would never stop. Besides, after what happened with Priest, I don't even think I care about Kady anymore. I'm done.