Chapter 3

I try not to look at her too hard, because then she would get suspicious.
"I'm sorry, I should've looked." I said, apologetically.

I knew I had to get the hell outta here if I wanted to get outside before she did. I had to observe her routine, and to do that, I'd have to follow her, from afar. To do that, I'd need to find out what car she owned. Chris had failed to disclose that information. I had to think of a ruse to get her to tell me what kind it was, and somehow get her to tell me the state she's from so I can glance at the license plate.

I go up in the chip aisle to get my Doritos, and I find her again.

"Hello, Miss?" I asked. She looks surprised to see me again. "My name is Ash. Uh, I forgot to tell you, but I saw the car you drove up in, I like it. That color looks so good!"

"Yeah, lots of people thought that getting a white BMW was a bad choice, but I keep her clean." she says, proudly.

"Her? You named your car?" I ask, chuckling.

"Yeah, I call her Snow."

"Classic, that's classic. Hey, I think I may have seen you before.... What's your name?"

"I'm Vicky."

"Where you from, Vicky?"

"Richmond, Virginia."

BINGO.

"Hmmm.... Nope." I said, pretending to be in deep thought. "No, I don't believe we've met, then. Maybe I'll see you around."

"Maybe." she said, smiling.

I reached over her and grabbed a bag of Doritos, all while flashing a flirty smile at her. I walked away satisfied with how the conversation went, knowing I'd gotten the information I'd searched for.

After paying for my chips and my cereal, I went outside and sat in my car until Vicky came out with her groceries. I had spotted her car right when I walked out. It was directly behind mine. I waited a few seconds and then pulled up behind her.

She went around the lot and headed eastbound, so did I. I didn't have to worry too much about Vicky seeing me because my windows were tinted. I still avoided being all up on her bumper because I didn't need her to notice my license plate and then report my ass.

I was prepared for a lengthy drive, too, since I had Doritos in the car.

For whatever reason, she stopped at a house nearby the Walmart.

That turned out to be a pit stop, and she drove to a house in Richmond.

After stalking Vicky, I went back to Norfolk to visit my homie, Priest. She was a real Jesus freak. She was about the Lord 24/7. Just one problem, though. She was into the fast life, too. She wasn't a hitman, but she did deal drugs. What's crazy is, you couldn't tell by looking at her. She was sort of like me, a clean cut stud. It was easy to tell that we were women, so naturally, we had a couple people that refused to take us seriously. Especially Priest. I thought she was the most gorgeous stud I'd laid my eyes on, and I really wasn't even into studs. Even her real name was beautiful; Verena. So... naturally, these niggas were always in her face. That's not why I hung around her, though. Occasionally we'd throw a joke in the other's direction in order to keep a nigga from trying to flirt with us, or just to have something to say. Here's the reason she was my best friend— she handled business like she was supposed to. She was the one that made sure we kept our eyes on the money, 'cause what we did was too shitty to not be benefitting greatly off of it. In her mind, if we were risking our seats in Heaven for some money, we'd better be making a shitload of it. That mindset helped me put shit into perspective. She was a lil' dramatic, though.