Chapter 6

That night, I was up thinking about what would happen to me when it was my turn to die. When Priest talks about Judgement Day, I get a little nervous. At first I thought it was a little silly, but day by day, I was becoming more anxious about it. What I'm doing isn't right. Religious or not, murder is still terrible. This business isn't good for anyone that has a soul. I knew what was good about it, though. It was money. I had plenty of it, yet I still kept the business going. I wasn't where I wanted to be at. I was doing well for a person that just graduated college, but not to where I just had any and everything. I didn't have 40 cars and a million houses. I did buy a nice one, and I treated myself to a car. But, what does any of this shit mean when I die? I can't bring it with me. Ugh, I shouldn't even give a fuck, but I did. And someday, I would stop this stupid shit.

In the middle of my thoughts, I heard my doorbell ringing repeatedly. I sighed in annoyance. Fucking Kady. I opened the door with an attitude. "What?"

"Girl, don't what me. Move." she said, as she shoved past me. "What you want for dinner?"

I looked at her as if she had three eyes. "How do you just bust in my house, like you live here?"

Kady rolled her eyes. "Look, I know I was trippin' earlier. I wasn't thinking. I went home to blow off some steam, and uh, I forgive you."

"Forgive me for what, exactly?"

"For sleeping with that bitch."

"Ew! I didn't sleep with her. She's like a sister, you know that."

"You didn't sleep with her. Fine, whatever you say. I'm over it."

"You don't believe me."

"No, I don't! But... there's no need to be upset about it. It already happened."

I laughed incredulously. "Nothing ha-"

"Fine! Fine! What do you want for dinner? Like, hot dogs? Spaghetti? Want me to make chicken?"

I stared at her in disbelief.

"Zee! Do you want hot dogs, spaghetti, or chicken?! Damn!"

I hated when Kady got pissed off at me for no reason, but I'll be damned if it didn't get me hot.

I walked up to her and gave her a kiss. At first, she wouldn't kiss me back. "Quit playin'," I whine. I lean back in and give her another smooch, wanting her to engage with me. When she does, I feel her resistance start to fade away. It was in Kady's nature to be combative, though. "Mmm." she says, before breaking away. "Nuh-uh. Leave me alone, I'm mad, right now. Get away from me."
"I got just the thing for you." I say, with a smirk.
__________

I smirked to myself when I saw Kady still in the position I left her in. It had been like ten minutes and she had yet to get up and clean herself up— she must've been waiting on me to finish my shower. I slapped her ass, in hopes to arouse her again. I didn't know why, it wasn't like I had time to do anything about it. When I slapped it, she moaned, feeding my already ridiculously sized ego. "I can't even move!" she whined, laughing at the same time. I snicker, remembering what just went down. Shit. I could barely walk, myself. But, still, I had things to do, like go talk to Priest, and figure out why I just fucked Kady again, when I don't even like her.

Priest looked pleasantly surprised when I showed up to her house. " Hey, Zee!" she enthusiastically said. She gave me a dap, and I walked into the living room. I heard the door shut as soon as I sat down on the couch. She sits on the couch, next to me. "So, what's up wit' you?" she asks.

"I slept with Kady." I said, snickering. "Ohhh..." I groan, burying my head in my hands. "I hate myself."
"Um... do you mind telling me... why?" she asked, genuinely confused. "You said she was trying to put a hit on Wynn, right?"