Chapter 20

"You look pretty like that." Priest acknowledges. "Pretty?" I repeat, just before taking a puff of the blunt I was facing. She doesn't respond with words, she only bites her lip. I wasn't somebody that heard that term a whole lot. A lot of people had told me I was attractive, but they used other terms, such as cute, sexy, or even handsome. To me, pretty was a term used reserved for feminine individuals who were like, soft and warm and cutesy, or something. None of those adjectives described me, at all.

But P didn't agree. She chuckled softly when I explained that I was confused as to why she used that term to describe me. She only reminds me that I didn't see a problem with it when she said it to me, earlier. And to her credit, she was right. During the night of the rendezvous, she gazed into my eyes and told me how pretty I looked. But the only reason I couldn't get in my head about it was because I was too busy reacting to her touch. She liked the visual of me having my full naked body on display. I lay directly under her, with my hair sprawled all over the bed, writhing under the intense pleasure I got from her fingers. She also referred to me as a good girl, for doing what she wanted me to do, I guess.

Just then, it came to me! That was what was so off, about the whole thing with P. The power dynamic was something I wasn't used to! I'm usually the dominant one in all my sexcapades, so the fact that I wasn't, with her, made me feel weird. Just being around her, you'd never think she was capable of doing shit like that in the bedroom. She was the more quiet one, of us two. Hella laid back, too. I always thought she would be the type that would only deal with aggressive women, because of it. I had no idea that she was the type to call any plays in the bedroom, let alone all of 'em.

I really was in disbelief at how easy it was for me to let her take the lead. If somebody told me this would happen to me, I would be almost disgusted. But now that I had experienced it, I didn't feel anything but confusion. I mean... not having to be the one to put in all the work was pretty cool. And not to mention, she made me feel good. I didn't have a real issue with that, I guess I had more of an issue with the fact that I didn't get the chance to please her back. Ugh...how could I call myself being aggressive and hard, when I let a bitch turn me all the way out with ease?!

"Stop looking at me like that." I say, rolling my eyes and taking another puff. She was trying her absolute best to get me back under her spell. She eyed me down like I was the most sexiest thing on the planet. As good as she looked doing it, I wasn't up for letting her touch me. I couldn't believe the audacity this nigga had. For her to have a scripture tucked away in that brain of hers prepared for any and every other possible scenario, the fact that she didn't have anything to say when I actually fucking asked for her opinion, made no sense. It made me realize that Priest was full of shit. I never thought I would come to this conclusion about my very best friend. It disgusted me that she would push that player bullshit on me. I guess I thought I was more special than that. I then scoff at that story she gave me after she ignored me. That was complete bull. She didn't kiss me 'cause she had been feeling me. I just happened to be there during a moment of weakness. Never the fuck again will that happen.

For the rest of the time we had alone, I kept it one hundred percent platonic. I didn't give into any of P's attempts to get anything started. Eventually it was time for her to pick Wynn up from work. I gave myself a pep talk when she was gone. It was mostly me, trying to find a way out of this damn house. I couldn't just leave... I made a vow to watch over my friend. I couldn't do it at my house. I think now might be the time to ask Wynn what she wants to do.
So, when she got back, that's what I did. Priest had her own idea of what should happen, though. Wynn had huffed at the idea of going to get a restraining order, at Priest's behest.
"Priest, I can't go to court, they won't give me shit without a documented history of whatever beef me and Kady have. This is her first time putting her hands on me. Police are not gonna do anything about it, trust me."
"Damn." I say, quietly.
"I just wanna go back home." she lamented. "I'm tired of hiding out like a fugitive. I don't even give a fuck about Kady no more. The bitch wanna come to my house, to get me? Fine. I'm not going down without a fight, though. You can bet that." she says.
My eyes get wide. "Wynn! What are you—"
"Nothing you say is going to change my mind. I've made my mind up. Take me home."
"But Kady is—" I begin again.
"If she wanna go, let her go." Priest says, cutting me off. I can tell she was pained to even have to say that. But she wasn't somebody that wanted to keep anybody under lock and key. She had experienced something like that with her own father. It was part of the reason she moved out of his house, in the middle of him going to a church convention a few years back.
I sigh in defeat. "Fine. Just... please... let me buy you an alarm system. That way, there's a big possibility of scaring any intruders off. We'll get it installed tomorrow. And then you can go back to your own place, alright?"
"Okay, okay." she says, with the slightest bit of annoyance.
"Now, let's all try calling different companies to see who will come out on such short notice." I say. "I'll try ADT, Priest, you try Alarmo, and Wynn, you try Vivint."
And that's what we did.