CH#5: ~Sold~

A/N For anyone confused whether Fade used to attend school, she was dropped out at age 14 after Massie and Fade both sneaked out and yes Fade had no friends in school. You'll know more about it in upcoming chapters.

Fade's POV:-

It was the hardest thing for me to possibly sit on the chair in front of my Uncle and this old man. I don't want to marry him, God I would've killed myself till now but I couldn't. I love my life, God only gives you one so why waste it. I really want to just run away from this life and never look back.

"Fade?" Someone spoke up and I realised I had been thinking so much not realising that my uncle had been calling my name. "Yes sorry I just um was thinking. I am really sorry," I lifted my head up because I had been looking at my lap the whole time.

"Ah yes it's alright no worries, so Fade sweetheart sign here," my uncle faked a smile and gave me a paper to sign on it. I just skim read the paper and my eyes widened in horror when I read the last line. 'Fade Emerson, has been sold to Mr. Herberson under 50,000$ given by his partner Mr. Huygen.' "Okay sign it," my uncle spoke up again.

'Wait what the actual fuck?!' I thought to myself. "Uncle I thought these were marriage papers," I croaked out suddenly a lump forming in my throat. This is even worser then a marriage, me being sold?! Am I a property or something?

"Yes now sign it," my uncle said with his teeth clenched and giving me the look 'Dont fuck up right now or it won't be good.' My breath hitched in my throat and my lungs felt like the oxygen was being snatched away from me. I didn't want to pick up the pen and sign it but I had to.

My shaky and sweaty hands grabbed the pen and signed it. I don't know whether I signed the papers correctly. When I finally looked up again, I saw Mr. Herberson creepily smiling at me. My tears were theatening to fall and I looked away from him not smiling back.

"Ok so now this is done, Fade sweetie why don't you go back to your room and pack your stuff. You'll be leaving with Mr. Herberson soon," my uncle spoke shamelessly looking at me with that same fake smile while both of them smiled at eachother as well. I quickly nodded and got off my seat and bolted out the office door. I couldn't take it anymore. I ran to my room, locking my door and sliding down it.

'Why me?' I thought to myself. Sold? Sold to a 50 year old man? I wanna die, I don't wanna live anymore. Fuck this life. I went straight to the bathroom and grabbed a blade from the bathroom shelf. Just when I was about to cut my arm's, I remembered something. Maisie once told me, "If you ever decide to end your life because of this torture, remember there are people in this world who love you more then anything and that is me, your parent's even if they are not present, they would never want you to hurt yourself."

She was right, at least Massie cares. I sighed and sat on the cold, white and black tiled bathroom floor and grabbed my hair with my hands. Tears were falling down my makeup covered cheeks. For a few minutes I looked around, maybe there will be somethings I will miss. My bed and some old pictures. I got off the bathroom floor and took the suitcase my uncle gave me to pack my clothes and other stuff with. Before I did that, I washed my face clean with no makeup on. I went back to my room and opened my closet to take my clothes out.

Some memories came flooding in my mind of how much fun Massie and I used to have. Tears again filled my eyes but ai kept them back. I started shoving clothes back not looking at them as it hurt me that I would never experience such things again. But maybe Mr. Herberson is a good man, he'll let me?

After a few minutes, I tried to relax my breathing and wipe my eyes. I drank some water and stood looking out the window for a few minutes. I grabbed my suitcase and went outside. There stood a guard who took my stuff. I wanted to meet Maisie for the last time maybe but the guard stopped me. "Ms. you can't go there, Mrs. Jamie strictly didn't allow me to let you go there", the guard spoke sympathetically grabbing my arm.

"But I have to meet her, please I haven't seen her since yesterday, please let me", the guard was about to speak when a booming and a familiar voice came cutting through. "Didn't he just tell you to not go?", It was my aunt. I just looked down and said, "I am sorry". She just didn't say anything and strolled towards her daughter's room and I had to follow the guard outside.

There was a Mercedes parked outside with Mr. Herberson casually using his phone. He looked up and didn't even smile and went towards his side of the car while a guard opened the passenger door for me.

I just swallowed a lump that I didn't even know had firmed in my throat. 'Please God, I didn't do anything wrong. Please be with me' I whispered to myself before going and sitting inside the car and looking out the window watching the mansion fade away like it was nothing.

A/N
So this was another short chapter and I hope you guys enjoyed. Please dont forget to vote.

Love you guys

xoxo

-Lily