CH#29: ~Veil Of Secrets~

Fade's Pov:

"How are you feeling now?" He asked me as I wiped my tears away with the back of my hand. "Better," I whispered back as I sat in his office. I had ate some really effective pain killers that helped to reduce the pain a lot as the doctor had already suggested.

"What happened to Valentine?" I croaked out as Stefan's face turned from concerned to an angry expression as he clenched his jaw.

"I am not going to lie to you, she got away. Apparently the guards said she told them that I wanted to meet her. So they let her in and nobody suspected anything," he replied his eyes turning sweet like honey. I smiled at him putting my head on his shoulder. He sighed as he took my one of my hand in his.

"Is everything alright?" I asked him. "I am fine baby. I have to talk to Derek and see what he can come up with," He told me as he stared at me and I smiled weakly.

"And Fade, stay here, Okay?" He said at the end and I nodded while giggling at his protectiveness. He left the room while I sat looking out the huge window into the vast city sighing as snow had already begun. I closed my eyes falling into a dreamless sleep.

A while later, Stefan came in putting some files on his desk as I looked at him rubbing my eyes.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" He asked came over to me. I smiled sighing as I sat up. "Not really, I was about to wake up."

"It's already evening," I shrieked as I stared at the clock. "Well we have a lot of time left. You wanna do something?" He asked me huskily grabbing my waist. "Nice try but let's just go home," I spoke as he just shook his head hiding a grin.

"Alright baby," he said spanking my ass a little making me gasp in disbelief.

We went outside the door as Stefan locked it securing my hand in his while I smiled. Again many people gave us weird looks which made me feel really awkward. Why do people stare like can't you just do your own work for once?

Fast forward to arriving back at the mansion. We both got out the car and I went straight to my room to change. After changing I put my hair in a bun as Stefan entered my room. "Cute," he said looking at me as I blushed looking away.

He wore his normal clothes, a black hoodie with grey sweat pants underneath and his hair messy.

"I wanna show you something," he spoke taking my hand. "What?" I asked his totally confused. "Come on," he said again clearly not wanting to tell me.

We made our way to a different section of the mansion, yeah like his mansion was super big. We entered a huge library that I hadn't expected to be this astounding as it's golden colored walls made it truly look like a castle room.

"Wow this is pretty," I spoke admiring the room. "Yeah, come on let's sit by the fire place," he spoke lightning up the fire.

I sat infront of him as he wrapped his arms around me. The library didn't have much light passing through as there was only one window here so it was kind of dark which made the room look cozy. I was sitting in his lap with him behind me as I had put my head on his chest.

"You know I've always wanted to tell someone this,"  he spoke as I could feel his vibration against my head.

"What?"

"My mother Yasmina died at child birth and my dad remarried after 17 years," he said sighing, clearly distressed.

"Oh I am so sorry," I spoke gently taking his hand in mine. "It's okay Princess. My sister is my step sister. My dad married a prostitute, her name was Lorelei. She was pretty young and she only married him for his money," he spoke chuckling a little again. I felt bad for him now.