Chapter 16 - Getting back my old friend

Shravan

It was the most fascinating day and night I had with Sumo, it was her birthday and I completely ruined it with my whole memory thing. I stood outside at the garden of the killa having a glass of water after our dance. I sat at the jhulla.

My hangover was hitting me pretty hard, I felt sleepy, probably I won't be able to go back home too.

Sumo came by, and sat beside me, "so, alone time huh?"

"I want to say something to you!"

"what?"

"that I am sorry for ruining your birthday with me being drunk and angry over my phooti hui kismet"

"oh don't say that you gave me one of the best birthdays I had in a long time. It was natural of you being shocked of all those flushing memories and our little moment there..."

"well, that moment triggered something" I whispered getting close to her ears.

"Shravan, I think now that you know we used to be friends and that you have a girlfriend, we have to draw the line, in a few weeks you are getting married and this is not right"

I absolutely didn't know what to do about this. Out of curiosity, I asked, "were we just good friends?"

She chuckled, "well, yeah --- very good friends".

"But I can't shake this whole thing between us, we are...." I was at a loss of words.

"yes Shravan, what are we? Go ahead"

"I don't know, I don't want to label it"

"Shravan, I am just happy that you recognize me and I can create new memories with you, I don't need the old ones with me. And yes I am also delighted that you are getting married."

"Yeah, everyone is happy, but I don't feel it at all. It's not that I don't like Ria, she is a great girl and now that I know she is genuine about our relationship, I feel like I am betraying her".

"well, if you are confused about it, I suggest you take your time and then a decision. I am always here to listen to you".

"thanks" I hugged her.

"now, you must stay by the night here, Pushkar will leave in a while"

"no, I don't want to be trouble, he can handle me"

Suman

Pushkar came out while we were outside, he showed Shravan the way to the passenger seat. Pushkar took me aside.

"so, does he remember that he.... you know"

"no Pushkar, and I don't want to force him, just let things be the way it is, for now, his wedding is coming up in a few weeks and I think you all should focus on it!"

"but what about you Sumo? I can't see you like this, you can't give up on this"

"and let Ria become your Bhabhi?"

"yeah, I don't know, she is too high-class material and dumb." He pouted.

"you are so cute Pushkar, but let me get this straight, Ria is genuine, your this little plan actually led us to find out her character even better, and I can't come between them"

"you want to bet 3 months of love to a year of friendship and love?"

"well, I don't know, but at least we are friends now"

"so you are giving up"

"now stop debating, you guys should head home, we will figure this out later"