Chapter 17 - The Shaadi Preps

Shravan 

Woah, my family was more excited for this wedding than me, you might know how big and fat Punjabi weddings are! I always believed in having a calm and composed court marriage, and all of this was too soon to be honest – like common I am not even 25 yet.

What will my friends think of me?

Matlab career chodkar banda shaadi kar raha hai?

And then I have this entire angle of Sumo, since I found out that we were friends and we have been spending lovely time together as friends, I can't get her out of my head!

Is it what happens when you have only one best friend in the whole world? That whenever you do something, and relate to something – you just remember that one person? Or is it falling in love?

As if I know what is love!

It was another weekend, I had asked Sumo to be a part of this wedding shopping thing and I still feel weird calling her like that in front of my family who has barely seen her in these past few years. It's going to be alright Shravan, you can handle this. Kamini chachi dropped by while I was having my breakfast at my room – I woke up a bit late and everyone had it already.

"Shravan puttar, you are still not ready? We are going shopping today!"

"yes chachi, I am sorry I woke up late, but you know weekends are the only time I get to sleep"

"yeah, well in a few weeks it won't be me waking you up for the weekend but your wife! Is Ria joining us today?"

"yes, she is with her mom and a friend I guess"

"Great, I am so excited for your wedding!"

"yeah me too" but I didn't sound as enthusiastic as her.

Marriage --- what to expect from it?

It is not being with someone you love, it's about surviving through it for a lifetime, even if you stop loving that person in the long run.

After seeing what happened with my mom and dad, I don't believe in the concept of marriage anymore but here I am still going to be wed in a few weeks. Well, Shravan, whatever you believe in has to come to a stop. Get ready now!

I got ready and I was doing my hair when Sumo called, unconsciously I smiled,

"are you ready?"

"yeah almost, also I am hoping you are coming?"

"the Shravan Malhotra requested me to join, I can't deny that? But zyada chado mat mein sirf dosti nibhane aa rahi hai, mujhe tumhari shaadi ki shopping koi interest nahi hai"

"tumhare best friend ki shaadi ho rahi hai aur tumhe interest nahi hai?"

"kyu hogi? Kuch din baad tum apne ghar grihasti ko leke busy ho jaoge aur mujhe tumhe kisike saath batna padega"

"omg, tumhe patha hai tum na meri girlfriend ki tarah sound kar rahi ho"

"I am telling the SACHAI Mr. Shravan Malhotra. Best friends go out of the window once people get married and busy"

"and you must know Suman Tiwari that I am not going to be that best friend who is going to forget you even if I get married! Anyways this whole marriage thing is stressing me out like anything"

"you don't sound excited, is something bothering you?"

"all of this, my family – ria's family, shopping, 4 din ki shaadi, all this is too much too soon"

"oh, so my boy is having wedding jitters, now get ready and meet us soon"

"yeah!" I hung up

Kamini Chachi, Vandy Bhabhi came along and we met Ria and her mom and her friend on the way, yes this was going to be that shopping where I am surrounded by ladies all the way. Neither dad or lalaji aur varun bhaiya volunteered to join me but I somehow convinced Pushkar to join – I know I sound like a baby right now, but I can't.

Pushkar was going to join in a while, and I know with all these ladies, we were booked for an entire day of shopping.

Sumo parked her ambassador, I waved her, "she is working fine yet?"

"ha, iska clutch kal theek karaya maine!"

"abhi na tum isko retire kardo,Buddha ho gaya hai bechara!"

"how dare you"

Ria entangled her hand by my right hand, "Hey Sumo! You are joining us too?"

"as a matter of fact, yes, Shravan asked me too"

"Shravan, you always miss out the details"

"well, I just want to make the right choice for my wedding"

"and I can make that choice for you" said Ria.

Kamini Chachi came by, "arey Suman tum, what a surprise"

"hello chachi, kaisi ho aap?"

"Suman tumhe dekhke kitne saal ho gaye hai! I still miss the food you used to send home" said Vandy bhabhi.

"Aww bhabhi, it's so nice to see you, abhi kuch khaas banaugi toh ghar zaroor bhijwaugi!"

I unwrapped Ria's arm and said, "let's go everyone, and shop! Oh and everyone, this is Sumo aka Suman my best friend, Suman this is Ria's mom and her friend"

After the basic awkward introduction, we went in. So this store was basically for both bride and groom. I insisted on starting with the 'ladies first' funda because choosing a Sherwani will be a lot quicker than choosing 5 different sarees.

While everyone were busy doing that, Pushkar arrived,

"oh thank god you made it"

"oh poor bhai, don't worry I have come to your rescue." Sumo came by,

"arey Pushkar, tu yaha!"

"kya kare Sumo, kabhi kabhi bhai ka rishta nibhane aana padhta hai"

"Shravan tumhe sacchi mein itna khauf hai ki tumne mujhe aur phir Pushkar ko bhi bula liya, itni si shopping ke liye?"

"patha nahi yaar, I am so stressed, upar se Ria sar pe chadi hai, yeh colour pehenege, sangeet mein aisa hoga waise hoga, itna tamjham nahi ho payega mujhse"

"arey chill, she is the bride, itna excitement aur planning to sab hi karte hai, especially hum!"

"tum meri dost ho ya uski?"

"iss mamle mein uski, har ladki ka shaadi ko leke ek boht bada plan hota hai, aur jab wo sach hone lagta hai, that time she is on cloud 9"

"you are talking as if you have been through it!"

"uh, well no, but I have my plans of how my wedding will look"

Pushkar interrupted, "And what will that be?"

"Shush, Pushkar we are here for Shravan's wedding shopping, c'mon let's choose a few sherwanis for him!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys, I am back with another update, do tell me how did you like this shopping episode :P

keep supporting and reading :D