Chapter 13 - The Birthday Afternoon

Shravan

So, after a trek up the hill to watch the sunrise, we came down and got into my car.

"So, shall we get ahead with the rest of the day?"

"where are you going to take me at this hour? Nothing is even open by now"

"oh there are a lot of things that are open, like tom uncle ki chai ki dukaan!"

"wait, you remember that?"

"yeah I do, its been kind of my hangout place for a long time now"

"yeah even I have been there a lot of times with my friends"

"let's go then"

Tom Uncle's chai stall was the most popular shop on our street. I don't remember forgetting that shop even after my accident because it has been my meeting spot for a few friends that I made in school and then the college days which is kind of in a blur, maybe I went there sometime.

We drove to our street and had two chai ki pyali.

"Sumo, why I have got a strong feeling that we have done this before?"

"Shravan, I think its time I should tell you everything" she sipped her tea.

"what?" I asked

"just wait till the end of the day"

"ok now you are worrying me"

"just have patience, I am sure you have a lot planned for the day but even I have something to show you"

"ok, honestly I can't wait to know what you want to tell me"

"I am sure you will be surprised!"

I was curious to know what she had in mind, but before I could guess what it was, she asked me a pretty direct question, "Shravan, did something happen between us that night? When we went to the party?"

"no, why do you ask?" I lied.

"tell me honestly!"

I don't know how to say that, but I had to. That feeling never went away from my mind, her touch, and her soft lips. I took a deep breath

"well, it was nothing to mention you were drunk, and then I took you to the couch"

"c'mon Shravan don't be modest, I know I act weird when I am drunk, now tell me what happened"

"we kissed, and I assume you don't remember that"

"what? Really? How could I? that was really stupid of me" she frowned.

"no.. it's nothing like that.."

"Shravan, I am really sorry, I shouldn't have, you and Ria are together and" she fidgeted. I held her arms and said, "calm down and stop saying sorry, it wasn't your fault and I am not sorry about it. We were in the moment and it just happened, I am honestly not sorry about it and you too shouldn't be"

She blushed, "can we just forget that happened, did you tell Ria?"

"no, why would I? at least not yet."

"you are a bad boyfriend!" she said angrily.

"now stop judging me and let's go, we have to go a bit far away from here, and you know that place well."

It was around 12 till we reached college. Before this, we were munching on bhutta at the car.

The weather was pleasant in the morning and bhutta went with it well. She was so happy having that "omg, I am having a bhutta after so long! You don't know how much I missed it"

"seems you are really missing on life with this college life of yours"

"it's not that, I don't have many friends and the one frie.... I mean then you know college, internships everything just makes you busy"

"I get it, we are in the same field!"

"just imagine Shravan, someday we will be together in court fighting a case arguing with each other"

"oh! So you want to argue with me?"

"well we can't be together"

"why not, you be my assistant"

"well even you can be that for me"

"aahaa, yeah!"

Well, we still have to get that practical knowledge of how arguments are run in the courtroom but I am sure Sumo and I would put up a great fight if we are against each other there.

"so, what would you be? Defence or prosecution?"

"um... it depends I still don't know, maybe defence, and you?"

"well if I have to argue with you then I have to be prosecution"

She giggled.

"you know Shravan, I really am enjoying this!"

"wait till we reach our next destination"

The gola stall was up and running beside the college, Sumo was stunned, "wait, how did you know about this?"

"I have my ways, now go on order and choose one for me too!"

She ordered one orange and kala khatta.

As she slurped her first, I was looking at her and her glowing eyes. She was enjoying all of it.

"Shravan you know, me and Preeti once came here when I used to study here because Preeti was running from a freak she met through a tinder date, and she was surprised at the roadside café there"

"woah ok, then what happened?"

"well, her weird date came up to this gola stall following Preeti and tried to ask her number out"

"so did she give it away?"

"no, I came to her rescue and asked him to leave immediately and then out of nowhere Pushkar came by and took Preeti across his arm and said 'darling where were you? I was searching for you from so long!' and he acted all cuddly"

"Pushkar never mentioned this to me"

"yeah, that was the first time Preeti and Pushkar met"

"oh, really? Yeh Pushkar bate chupane laga hai mujhse boht"

"haha, class lelena tum uski, he came for some work that day around my college and bumped onto us"

"interesting first meet though, just like ours"

"haha, yes the impromptu 'bachpan ki dost' wala meeting"

"indeed, but you are a great friend Sumo, and I mean that"

After having almost half of the gola, our lips were all orange and black respectively and she posed her tongue out and laughed hard. I wiped her lips from the side with my handkerchief while the gola dripped from it. She felt conscious and looked at me. We definitely had a moment as we stood close to each other and lost track of our surroundings.

I came back to my senses as a heard a car horning loudly. Yes, it was because of my car.

"Shravan, thoda side mein toh gaadi khada kar dete!" she smirked.

"yeh, tumhare chakkar mein kuch dhyan kaha rehta hai" and I ran to park my car at the right place.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys I am back with another update and I hope you all like it. i am really enjoying writing the sumo birthday chapters,

what do you guys think Sumo is going to tell Shravan?

I love you all! keep reading!