Chapter 19 - Heart to Heart Conversations

Suman 

Well, how do I explain what the feeling was when we danced together?

It was butterflies in my stomach and I was on top of the world. But I never found out how he felt about it!

Well, let's forget that for now, it is sangeet in two days and Shravan's shaadi in 4 days. How time flew, I can't even tell.

Just like that, 6 months passed by pretty quick, it felt like 6 weeks when Shravan and I became good friends. I am glad he remembers his college days --- it was one of the best days of his life after whatever happened with his mom. It is going to be hard but I am going to go through it.

Shravan called me for practicing for sangeet, he said we will have a special dance together no matter what happens. It was kind of sweet actually. We kept the same song that we were practicing on the first day, it is indeed my favourite song of all times.

"So, that was a great one! I never knew we could be such professional dancers though" he said.

"don't flatter yourself, you did enough practice in your college days and maybe that's why you are a pro"

"oh you mean to say you were a born natural"

"of course I was, there is no denying!"

"Sumo the great! Well, Ria is joining us today evening, you know we too have a dance lined up and she is not at all a natural like you, so maybe you can teach her"

Why Shravan, why do you always have to do that?

"of course"

Ria came by an hour later, "hey Sumo, hey love" she kissed him.

"Hey, so did you decide which song we are doing?"

"umm yeah I think we must do Tujh mein rab dikhta hai"

Well, that is another good romantic song and kind of the one I someday had imagined dancing with him. Anyways, they started practicing, she is not a good dancer but a little practice will be fine for her.

I suggested a few steps to them and they went with it. Shravan and Ria laughed a few times when they miss-stepped. I looked at their happy faces and thought maybe all this is happening for the best. Maybe it is time to move on from him and focus on my life.

"Sumo, c'mon let's dance now, Ria must see how good you are"

Ria didn't seem happy about it but she said, "yeah why not! Shravan has been telling me since 2 days that you guys are gonna dance together, I want to see what you guys have prepared after all!"

"yeah"

The song played and we danced again, I lost count the number of times he held me in his arm and we came close.

Ria clapped for both of us and said, "Woah, you guys are really good"

Shravan said, "thanks! I am gonna go to the kitchen and bring some more water, we need it"

I sat on the sofa and Ria took a seat beside me, "so, Shravan and you, you guys have been friends for a long time?"

"well yeah, as you know, before his accident we used to be best friends"

"and nothing more than that?"

"umm.. no why do you ask?"

"Well, for starters, that dance wasn't just a best friends dance, and I have sensed something between you two since I have met you"

"no, it's nothing like that, anyone can fake chemistry in a dance, its honestly nothing"

She placed her palm over mine, "look Sumo, Shravan has been through a really hard time and honestly this past 9 months he has recovered a lot, maybe because of his normal lifestyle or me or even you, he has started to remember things and yes a part of it is scary for me sometimes because I wasn't a part of his previous life but you were, it will be heartbreaking for me if something comes out of his past and I am not ready for it, I love him to the bottom of my heart and I can't lose him. NEVER"

Well, that went well. How should I say I felt the exact same way for Shravan? but I am losing anyways.

Before I said, something, Shravan reappeared, "was there something intense going on?"

"oh no, not at all, Shravan, I am getting late now, I must leave! I will see you later"

"Sure!" he hugged her and she left.

Shravan sat beside me drinking water, "she is a nice girl you know"

"who, Ria?"

"yeah, I don't know how she started to love you! You are so not good for her"

"Madam, don't you remember, you are my friend and not hers! And our plan when we met first – I mean not first first but"

"yes I remember that but it has been a long time since then."

"well, you haven't been around her for long, she is a great trouble, trust me!"

I smirked. The sangeet ceremony came by pretty quick. I wore a light blue lehenga paired with diamond-studded jewellery. I thought I should keep my earrings heavy and wear nothing on my neck.

The lehenga was soothing and it was carved with subtle designs of flowers and leaves made with white strands and a net covered over it. The same design went with the blouse and the dupatta was entirely made of net clothing.

I had to be careful that I didn't step on a sharp thing or else my entire dress will be ruined.

So, here was the day finally, let's get on with it.

Shravan

I am so nervous and excited about tonight, I used to keep my rubrics cube with me whenever I felt nervous and I solved it pretty quick, but today, crazy me --- I forgot it at home and I was already at the venue.

I couldn't see anyone around who I could send home and ask them to bring it for me. I know it sounds a bit stupid for you but I didn't feel right and all this decoration and guests was already a bit too much for me.

As soon as I was thinking about all of this, I saw Sumo coming to the venue,

"Sumo, I need urgent help, please"

"what?"

"take me home, I have left something without which I can't get this function started"

"everyone are here, what are you talking about?"

"Just take me home, the function isn't starting sooner, and I want some time away from this glamorous wedding"

"Shravan, you are the Dulha, you can't just run out of your sangeet like that"

"yes I can, now can we please go?"

"ok, ok stop bickering!"

We exited the sangeet ceremony venue. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys, Happy Rose Day to all of you and I am back with another update! The story is finally heading to its climax and I can't tel you how excited I am to write it :D

keep reading and supporting and let me know your views :)