Chapter 18 - The Dance

Shravan

Ok, this is going to be a lot of selection, let's just go with it. Pushkar and Sumo selected a few designs for me that I tried, and then Ria came, "Shravan, who gave you this? It's so traditional, we are doing a classy wedding! Try this"

Well that was the choice Sumo made for me, it was not bad and I could see her face crumbled into sadness as soon as Ria passed that remark. After a lot of yes and no from my to be wife, I finally selected two of them. One for my wedding and one for sangeet.

Ria jumped with excitement, "so, I approved this idea from your chachi and bhabhi and they love it."

"what idea?"

"pre-wedding shoot! Everyone does it nowadays and we are doing it too"

I laughed nervously, "ah, pre-wedding shoot, does that mean I have to choose another suit?"

"yeah a suit would do fine, how about black and white?"

"that will be totally fine!"

I had made a few choices for Ria as well, and she happily accepted that. I grew tired of it, and honestly, I wanted to go back home and have a cup of tea with Sumo beside me.

I made up a bahana, "sorry guys, but I think I have to leave now, I have an important case to deal with and Sumo is helping me with that"

Sumo definitely didn't see that coming, but she went with it anyway, "oh yes, that case, yeah that is a pretty important one"

"Shravan, you can't leave us already, we have so much to shop already!"

"aww darling, the majority is done, and I have to really head to this"

"more important than me?"

"no, of course not"

"then please stay!"

"you guys continue, I will join you once my work is over"

We left in our car, Pushkar was stuck with them and he is going to forever curse me for that.

Sumo smirked, "I know you did that just to get away from them."

"then you know me so well. Like shaadi and all is ok but the amount of time and energy goes behind it is just exhausting"

"yeah, indeed"

"thanks, Sumo, for coming today, you really helped me a lot"

"so we are going to do this formality thing now, c'mon we are friends, there is no need of thanks"

"I wonder how cool we were when we were college friends! I am glad you got my back"

"always!"

We reached Malhotra Mansion, Sumo made some tea for me.

"So, I am guessing, Sangeet is the first thing happening?"

"yes, I still have to decide upon the couple song, Ria gave me that responsibility"

"wait, do you remember the time I had asked you to practice me for a couple dance we had to do in college?"

"haa yes I do, you always stepped on my feet and I used to call you truck"

"now that Mr Malhotra is very mean" oops, she got angry

"oh now don't be like Ria"

"no I will be, I wasn't moti!"

"accha I am sorry, ok I have this song, let's practice"

Sumo went on with it although she was still angry. I played the song Gerua, I had some random steps in mind and taught her.

She went along with me until again when she stepped her foot on mine, "Sumo, see you do that again" I laughed and cried out of pain.

"I am sorry!! Kya kare buri aadate aasani se chut thi hi nahi"

That hit me hard as if she was telling something so deep and hidden.

"chalo now, let's dance" she smiled.

I took her palm and then swayed her as the music played. We did the salsa style like a natural, just like we used to do in college; We were inches close as I lifted her from the ground and feel her neck over my nose.

I slowly landed her to the ground and then we came to our final position with her between my arms. Sumo where were you all this time, you are such a natural and so beautiful.

Our faces were inches apart, and I didn't want that distance. I looked into her eyes, I know she wanted that too. I came closer but something interrupted, and that was my phone,

"I think you should take that call"

"no it's fine"

"Shravan, you need to, its Ria"

She freed herself from my arm and went to drink some water.

"hey, what is it Ria?" I tried to sound polite.

Yes, she wanted something to choose and sent me pictures of it. This moment, with me and Sumo was something that had happened before.

I remember the dance, and now I remember how I felt. I felt happy and on top of the world. It was a confusing feeling, but I remember that spark that both of us felt when we were preparing for the dance at our college. It was so new and exciting, we acted like teenagers although we weren't and I was confused about what was happening to me and what was I feeling for her.

Things are coming back to place, but I am afraid you stupid mind --- if you don't come sooner, you are going to ruin my life and others live as well.

While I was putting too much effort to my mind, Sumo said something, "hello, Shravan, kaha kho gaye?"

"kya?"

"kabse bula rahi hu mein, yeh lo paani pio"

She handed me a glass of water.

"Sumo, when we were preparing for that dance, in college, did something happen back then? Like did I tell you anything?"

"I thought you remember the practice?"

"Yeah, I remember we practised, but the feeling, you know anything?"

She was pretty stumped by the question, and I felt she knew the answer.

"Not that I remember, do you remember something?"

"well not really, but maybe that I was very excited to perform" I chuckled.

There was definitely something Sumo remembered but she doesn't want to tell me and I can't remember.

But I am going to find it out soon!

My sangeet ceremony is due in two weeks, yes the things are coming closer --- my wedding is coming closer and here I am feeling something for someone else but I am still not sure how did it happen and has it happened before?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys, I am back with another update, I hope you all like it!

do tell me what was your best part and keep supporting and reading :)