Chapter 8 - The Big Revelation

Suman

I can't remember a single thing from last night, what the hell? I suspect something happened because Shravan with his heart eyes out saying nothing happened is an irony. God, why can't I remember what happened?

Shravan smirked, "I will bring some nimbu paani for you, it will ease your mind a bit from the hangover!"

"yeah, that would be great!"

After a while, he bought a glass filled with nimbu pani. I had it in a go. I asked him again, "are you sure nothing happened yesterday?"

"well, you were quite out of your character, not that I know all about you but I think you had way more shots of vodka than you usually have and .."

"aah, I am such a fool, I jeopardized our plan, I am so sorry for all the trouble!"

"oh no, it's fine, I guess our plan worked a bit after all. Ria was very jealous of you though!"

"so, it means she loves you?"

"I don't know! It is too soon to guess!"

"well, we have many more chances don't we?"

"Yeah, don't worry about that! You need to get home now. C'mon I will drop you!"

Shravan drove us to tiwari killa. Well, apart from Preeti I didn't tell anyone where I was going because some of my family members would have been pissed about it. Shravan insisted to leave me to my room but I didn't know how everyone will react to it. It was a weekend and a Sunday.

Probably everyone might be having their morning tea right now while I make my grand entrance. Just then I remembered our secret entrance, the one I and Shravan used to sneak into the killa even though we were big college students.

"Shravan, not the main gate, I don't want to face my family like this! I am a mess and it's a Sunday, everyone will be at home!"

"then how are you planning to get in?"

"I know a way in but I will need your help! If you want you can just leave me here!"

"you know I lost 1000 bucks from Pushkar because I thought you won't ever agree with this whole plan! Now c'mon I can do this much for you!"

I chuckled; Pushkar has his ways with bets. How well does he know me!

We climbed and squeezed ourselves from that small window. Shravan frowned, "why do I feel I have been here before?"

"aaa, do you remember something?"

"I don't know this place looks familiar!"

"c'mon here, there is my room!"

We sneaked to my room and reached successfully. I asked Shravan to relax in my room while I change and find him a way out of the killa without anyone noticing.

I changed back wearing a loose palazzo and a t-shirt I usually wear.

"Shravan, what will you have, tea coffee?"

"no its fine, I must leave now! You have some really good pictures there!" he pointed at the frames I had put at my workspace.

"Thanks, the only few memories I had with my mom and dad!"

"so they are not.."

"no they died in a car accident, since then I have been living with my mama mami, nanu and mausa mausi."

"I am really sorry to hear that!" it felt like having the same conversation again. Shravan can't you remember?

The door was slightly open and Mamaji came in suddenly, "Suman beta, I wanted you to check this affidavit" he was stunned to see Shravan.