Chapter 15 - When He Remembered Me

Shravan

I couldn't believe what I saw right now, I needed a drink to clear my head. Yes, I was headed to bar and Sumo was behind me. She cared about me and wanted to come to a place she never even goes.

"Sumo you really don't need to come, I can handle myself" I was being generous but she won't listen

"no, I am coming with you".

We drove to a nearby club where I ordered a scotch. Sumo took a seat far away from me. She was looking right through my eyes making sure I was ok.

I remembered, and I drank, and then I remembered the time I first met Sumo in college and we connected instantly and became such good friends. But I don't remember the flow of anything.

They were just random memories thrown at me like chunks. I wanted answers, a whole lot of it but I was angry at Sumo for doing this to me. How could she hide such a big thing from me?

And not just her, Pushkar as well? At least he could have told me the truth. This whole thing looks like a setup from the universe. AS if I was meant to meet Suman at the café that day.

God, this is so confusing. I felt a bit dizzy, but it was relaxing, at least I didn't have to pressurize my brain to remember things. I felt light. As I got up, I missed a step. Sumo held my arm.

"you need to get home now, and you need rest!"

"I am fine Sumo"

"if you are then also I am going to drive and drop you home."

"okay" I didn't argue because I didn't want to get caught drinking and driving.

I lay my head backwards and closed my eyes, Sumo said, "Shravan, are you alright?"

"yes, I am sleepy but Sumo, how could you for all these days, hide the fact that you were my best friend?"

"Shravan, you know it could harm your condition, I wasn't sure about anything"

"My condition? Don't you see I am alright, yes I might have forgotten things but my head is completely well, I am not crazy!"

"I know but I couldn't, I just couldn't take the risk, tell me how much do you remember?"

"just that we met in college and became great friends? Like BFFs for life, it's all in bits and pieces but now I know each time when I was around you, why I felt that it wasn't for the first time, and why was it so comforting, as if I was home"

"why?"

"because, you are my best friend, and the most homely feeling is with your besties, god I wish I remembered all this before"

"do you remember something from your accident?"

"no, it's a blank" I had a sinking feeling as if I was alone with no one around me. A whole chunk of my life was just gone in the wind because of this accident, and then just out of nowhere, I said, "Sumo, could you stay the night with me? I don't feel well now"

I saw my phone ringing, it was Pushkar, oh no the surprise --- jeez I completely forgot that. I asked Sumo, "Sumo turn the car to Tiwari killa!"

"What why? No, we are going to your house"

"it's important ok, you need to turn to Tiwari killa"

She frowned and turned the car, I picked up Pushkar's call, "yes, yes we are on our way".

We reached Tiwari Killa in a while, Suman still thought this was a bad idea. Well, I thought the same but I couldn't ruin her birthday for all this.

"would you care to tell me why did you change your decision suddenly?"

"there is a surprise waiting for you in your room, I don't want to jinx your birthday! Now go on to your room!"

I saw her weep, we headed towards the main door, Pushkar opened it for us and he very well understood the tension brewing between us.

He gestured Sumo but she signalled to talk about it later. We went in, and Preeti was waiting with a birthday cracker, and she screamed, "happy birthday di!!"

I excused myself and went to the washroom.

Suman

Oh my god, these guys are the best, they decorated the entire room for me, and when did they do all this?

"happy birthday Sumo! I hope you have a great year ahead!" Pushkar hugged me.

"Thanks, Pushkar!"

"Happy birthday di!! I hope you liked this little surprise by us!" said Preeti

"I loved it!"

"is something up with Bhai?" asked Pushkar.

"he might have remembered something, and it's probably that we were friends at college!"

"what? Really? Well, that's a good thing right?"

"I guess so, but he didn't take it well. He thinks both of us betrayed him"

"Di, is he alright?" Preeti asked.

"well, I was going to drop him home, but he suddenly asked me to turn the car to my house, so I don't know, but I am apprehensive about him right now, should we call the doctor?"

"you don't need to call any doctor right now, all you have to do is cut the cake here!" Shravan came in with a big pineapple cake with HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUMO written on it.

He was smiling, happy for me, just like old times, it felt as if I found my old friend back years later.

I blew the candles and cut the cake, everyone sang the birthday song for me, it was the best birthday I had in years.

Pushkar switched onto some music from our times, we all danced like crazy, God I missed my friends and the whole vibe since Shravan left.

Ek Duje Ke Vaaste started playing off, Shravan asked me, "Would you like to dance with my birthday girl?"

"of course"

I held his hand while he slid his right hand across my waist. We swayed naturally on our favourite song like we always did.

"do you remember dancing on this song with me?"

"as a matter of fact, I do"

"well, Shravan thank you for giving me such a great birthday surprise, I can't remember being soo happy on my birthday since you left"

"you missed me a lot it seems"

"I did, you have no idea"

"ABH mein hu hi itna handsome aur charming toh kya kare"

I slapped his arm, "shut up Qutub Minar".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys, I am back with another chapter update and yes, Shravan is slowly getting his memory back but will he remember Sumo as he used to?

Well, we will get to know that soon! do tell me in the comments how did you like the update and keep sharing :)