Chapter 11 - Preeti the Saviour

Suman

So, we reached Café Crème, we took a seat beside the door, to look at Delhi getting drenched is far better than being in it. Preeti didn't come yet and Pushkar was agitated

"You know Sumo, Preeti is pissed on me for a very petty issue."

"don't you dare! I won't hear a word against my sister!"

"you sound like a queen! Wait, is that bhai?" Pushkar saw across my arm, I turned back, it indeed was him.

"with Ria! Should we say hi?"

"yeah, why not!"

We walked up to their seat, "hey bhai! What a coincidence!"

"hey chote, hey Sumo! What are you guys up to, come to have a seat" we arranged a few chairs and joined them.

Preeti arrived after a while, we shared our greetings and Shravan introduced Ria to her.

PreeKar took a private seat to sort their so-called "issue" while here I was again sitting between the pair I envy.

"So, Ria that night was something!".

"yes, I was so out of my league but I feel alright now, this time we must keep the competition healthy!"

"indeed, thank god Shravan was there to handle me last night otherwise it would have been a disaster"

"really Shravan, that is good of you, what happened?"

"well, we.. I sort of don't remember properly because you know why but we stayed ---"

"Sumo, let it be, it was nothing Ria, I just tucked away Sumo because she was fast asleep and then I slept on the couch"

"oh I see" she sighed.

Shravan signalled me not to say anything else and I was confused because wasn't the plan to make her girlfriend jealous?

Preeti and Pushkar joined us and we ordered sandwiches and coffee. It seemed alright between them.

Shravan

How will I explain Suman about our whole plan for now that I know Ria is not the girl I thought she was? It is going to be hard. The fact that I still have to figure out for Sumo what is 21st October.

Preeti was sitting beside me, I whispered, "hey Preeti, we haven't officially talked"

"well actually we have but you might not remember"

"I beg your pardon! Can you help me with something?"

She munched her sandwich, "yeah like what?"

"Sumo asked me to find out what 21st October really is, do you know"

"oh, it's her birthday" she blurted out with a burp. I think she didn't mean to tell me the truth but it came to her naturally.

"oh, indeed it is! Preeti you don't know how helpful you have been!"

"Di is going to kill me for it! Please don't tell her"

"seems she has instructed all of you guys to not tell me"

"didn't Pushkar tell you?"

"no, he knows?"

"of course he knows!"

"that little bastard! Well I will deal with him later"

Suman

We had a good time together, it was impromptu but fun. Pushkar insisted on dropping us while Shravan was going to drop Ria.

Before we were set to go, Shravan pulled me aside

"I need to talk to you"

"what happened?"

"look I know I bought you into this mess of the whole jealous plan but it seems Ria really likes me or more like loves me"

You can't imagine the voice of my heart shattering into pieces at that moment.

"really? What did she say?"

"just that she doesn't care if I were friends with you or anyone and that she trusts me"

"oh, so you are calling this partnership off"

"no, like I really like spending time with you and I am very close to finding the 21st October importance for you, I want to be friends!"

"friends right, why not! Anyways you guys are going to get married soon!"

I went away from him and sat in the car. It had been long since Shravan came to my life just to turn it upside down. I could feel a lump on my throat and a tear slipped from my right eye, I was crying with the thought that I lost Shravan again. My heart ached to know that he won't be mine because of that stupid accident.

Should I just go and tell him the truth of who I am? Or will it be too harsh?

I was so confused and somehow I controlled myself and headed towards home.

Shravan

Well, it was time to make Suman's birthday special but I hardly know her. Maybe asking Pushkar about it would help me. Also, she looked a bit pissed with us calling of the entire plan, wait did she remember about the kiss, ugh all of this is so confusing.

I wasn't sure what I was doing. It felt like I were two different people with these two girls. It was just a kiss but I should have told Ria and ..... I don't know.

After we reached back home, Pushkar and I played our favourite video game. While doing that I said

"tune toh nahi bataya par mujhe patha hai, next week Sumo ka birthday hai!"

"bhaiii kaise??" he exclaimed.

"teri girlfriend urf Preeti ne bata diya"

"oh smart, toh aapko yeh date patha kyu karna tha?"

"well, I want to do something special for her on her birthday!"

"then why not?"

"but I really don't know where to begin, I barely know her, I need your help!"

"of course, bhai you should take her to the gola wala near her past college, she loves that and ussi college ke paas ek stall hai jaha ka aloo chaat boht tasty hai wo bhi zaroor khilana"

"oh, thanks chote, this sounds like a tasty plan but what about a cake and a celebration, where should I prepare that?"

"umm... maybe you can take our help a bit and decorate her room!"

"and what about her family?"

"every year on this day, Tiwari family are away for a while on a community Havan and Pooja, don't ask me the details even I don't know so you might get 2 or 3 hours."

"oh, that is some intel you have"

"Yeah, you owe me!"

"Thanks! I will need you and Preeti to help me up with the decorations, rest I will handle, also make sure you don't blurt out that I know the date to Sumo!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys, I am back with another update, the birthday update is coming up next so it is going to be exciting to see what ShraMan do on Suman's birthday!

Do tell your views on the update and keep sharing :)