Chapter 5 - The Party

Suman

Aah, the party is here, I was pretty clueless about what to wear but I have a dress luckily. It is white from the top and blue below with blue flowers embedded all above. It is beautiful and I missed wearing it. I guess the last time I wore this dress was at my farewell party a few years back in college. It feels like centuries ago. Preeti helped me look like a decent girl. It's good to have a sister as your best friend, it's comforting.

As I gave final touches to my hair, Shravan called, Preeti glanced at my phone

"go ahead, pick it up!"

I smiled, "Hello Shravan, what's up?"

"I am waiting outside your killa! I don't know why but this place looks familiar to me!"

"aah maybe it's the usual architecture! Don't come in, I am almost done will be there in a minute"

"Are you afraid of your family?"

"no, stop bickering and let me get dressed"

Well, you all know what a disaster it would be if my family found out I am going out with Shravan!

I took my tiny purse which went well with the dress and headed towards the gate. It was a starry night. His car was waiting outside the killa.

Shravan

Wow, what a beauty. She came to the gate walking towards my car. It felt as if she was walking down an aisle for me. There were no red carpets or music but it felt like it was there in my head. Those curls took my breath away, gosh I never saw Ria dress so elegantly – her makeup was always over the top and glossy. I have to still come up with something when she sees me at the party. Let's take a flashback ride of what happened last night when I told Ria I can't come to the party.

"hey Ria, you called?"

"yes, you are coming to the party tomorrow right?"

"aah, actually something urgent came up tomorrow, it is a very important case for dad and I can't really miss it, I have a lot of work pending so I can't really make it!"

"what?! No, you promised we are going to this party together! You know it's been so long I have been to a party, I want to wear that dress I bought especially for this occasion!"

"Listen, why don't you and Pushkar go together. Rajnish is a good friend of him too!"

"no, I don't want to go to the party anymore, just chuck it"

"no, don't cancel your plans for me! You will see me for sure, I'll try to wrap up soon okay? You just go with Pushkar!"

"Okay, I will talk to you later!"

That didn't go well. Coming back to the present, Sumo knocked on the window – I got acquainted with that name pretty quick.

I smiled, "hey, Shravan you look really good!"

"Oh come on, it's just the usual tux! Look at you – you look gorgeous and elegant"

"really? I actually don't go to such parties often, I did the best I could"

"no its absolutely perfect, you look stunning trust me!"

This was lovely. I know it hasn't been long but look at us complimenting each other for our attire. It was a twitchy feeling and I had butterflies in my stomach. I don't know this feeling --- does it happen always?

I am sure no.

We left for the venue. Sumo was looking outside the window. She was looking happy.

"Sumo, it's ok if I call you that?"

"it's more than ok!"

"I am sorry I am bringing you into this, it's just for a few days and I promise you will have a good time today!"

"well, yes you must be sorry, you are asking me such a big favour," she said furiously

"aah, yeah but..." I was nervous

She burst out in laughter, "chill, it's ok! I am sure these big parties are fun, and I have the Shravan Malhotra as my partner, people are going to be jealous!"

"Ria specifically!" I smirked

"you like playing with ladies, don't you? You think they are gullible and are head over heels for you?"

"wait, stop attacking me, I don't think like that it is just that Ria..."

"Leave it"

I sensed the tension in the air. What did she mean by that? Yeah, I had a couple of failed relationships back in the day and this whole thing that happened with my mom. But how can she know about that? I don't know it just felt weird as if she knew me more than me.

We reached the venue for some time and it was grandeur.

Suman

Well, you know these big people parties, they are glamorous and shiny. Shravan opened the door for me, the entrance was designed with white roses like an aisle followed by a huge garden.

Shravan stood at the right side of me and extended his arm, "may we?"

I clutched my arm onto him, we entered. I was in awe of the décor of the venue. It was surrounded with green, white and blue lights with white-coloured chairs and tables around me. To my left was a small stage. Someone came up to Shravan with a lot of excitement, probably his friend Rajnish and hugged him tight

"oh my god Shravan, it's been long"

"yeah man, look who is a big man now!"

I smirked.

His friend looked at me

"oh, so she is Sumo—I mean Suman, my date for the night and Suman this is Rajnish"

"date? Aaaahaa, well hi Suman it is nice to meet you!" we shook hands.

"it looks like a great party!"

"thanks, where the hell is Ria? I thought she was coming with you!"

"well, there has been a slight change in the plan"

Rajnish peeped behind Shravan, "oh there she is! Pushkar and Ria – well didn't expect that"

I and Shravan looked back, and yeah – they were here. It is time for some action.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I am really sorry for updating the chapter late, got caught up with some work!

So now the plan is finally formulating! What will happen next?

Stay tuned! I am going to update soon this time!

Keep reading and tell me your best part :D