Chapter 12 - Sumo ka Birthday

Shravan

Oh my, it feels like an eternity since I have been planning her birthday. After so long excitement of this sort has come back to my life. Planning birthdays and making a girl feel special has always been my forte, hasn't it?

But I was so nervous about the entire plan! Preeti probably had this plan to take Sumo out for an emergency shopping after she spends the day with me and then in that 1 or 1 ½ hour I would decorate the entire room for her. It is going to be a big task but I think me and Pushkar will pull this plan well.

It is going to be 12am soon; indeed her birthday is just round the corner. I was feeling nervous even to call and wish her. I felt a tingling sensation up my stomach as the clock struck 12. C'mon, she is just a friend!

I picked up my phone and called her, it was 11.59

"hey"

"heyyy! Wait, you are calling me at this hour?"

"don't act stupid, I know your special day"

"really? Then what are you waiting for?"

"umm, the clock to strike 12? There it goes, Happpy birthday SUMOOOO!" I screamed

"oh my god stop screaming now! My mobile speakers are of no use now"

"Sorry, have a lovely year ahead and I wish all the happiness you deserve, you are an angel"

"thankyou, that is very sweet of you!"

"I am sorry for that day about our plan and Ria, it was always meant to be I mean..."

"I must be sorry, you are right, our plan finished much quicker than expected and I didn't expect Ria would be right and you would be wrong"

"do you mean, you wanted us to break up?"

"no, not at all, but the kind of image you gave I thought you would break up, its bad that you can't read people properly"

"oh, yeah"

"anyways, I was expecting something else, but it doesn't matter now, we are cool and we are friends!"

"yes, I am so excited to spend your birthday exclusively with you!"

"accha who gave you this intel by the way? Who was the traitor? Preeti or Pushkar?"

"I won't tell you that, I can't do this to them" I chuckled, "chod do becharo ko, unke life mein pehele hi boht problems hai!"

"chalo birthday wale din chod diya, but they have to answer me parso!"

"ok I am going to pick you up early 6 in the morning, there is a place I want you to see"

"so early? Can't it be 7 or 8?"

"nooo we can miss that time window!"

"Okay, call me once you reach here"

"Good! Now go to sleep, we have a long day planned ahead of us"

"ok boss!"

We hung up.

Suman

It was the next morning, I was in no position to wake up that early but I woke up with Shravan's call.

"come out now, I hope you are ready?"

No, I wasn't I was still on my bed

"you are here already?"

"yes! Now come out fast!"

"give me 10 minutes"

I got up in a hurry, work a green frock kurta paired with white leggings and a white dupatta. I did my hair in a fuss and came out. I looked really messy I thought.

To make myself look human I tied my hair into a bow with a band.

Shravan was waiting and wearing a white t-shirt and a big sparkling smile on his face

"good morning birthday girl, happy birthday to you!"

"thankyou, you look like you are trek ready!"

"yes, because we are going to trek!"

"what? I didn't even wear the appropriate shoes and dress, let me bring my shoes!" I sneaked back to the house and grab my sports shoes from the cupboard.

"Sorry I should have mentioned to you about the little trek we are going to"

"is it too much? Shravan I am really bad with trekking, I get tired so fast"

"don't worry it's not too high!"

It was a 25-minute drive from my home, we left our car at the bottom of the hill and started going up. The clock was about to strike 6, yes we reached the top at the right time as I saw the sunrise from the horizon. I was tired as hell, it was not much but still, I am prone to such things.

"isn't it beautiful?" he asked

"it is, and more because it is with you" I held his hand.

A memory past through my mind, his lips upon mine. Wait, when did we kiss? It must be a dream I thought but that feeling was so real. I shoved off that thought and saw the sun rising with the colour of the sky changing from orange to yellow completely. Cool breeze went past my face and with Shravan by my side, it was gorgeous, something I have never seen before.

"How did you find this place?"

"well, I have my interests and trekking is one of them"

"Yeah you do" I remember trekking with you in our college days together, but how come you never take me to this place?

"I am glad you liked it"

I held his arm and rested my head on it, "thank you, this might be the best birthday morning I could ever have"

He caressed my hair and opened the band, "you must keep it open, it looks gorgeous"

"really?" I said not moving, he kissed on my forehead, a sudden gesture,

"yes, do you doubt?" he looked at me.

I was confused, "what was that about?"

"Nothing, let's just enjoy the view"

I was having my doubts, his touch made me remember that something happened the night I was drunk. Did we kiss? God, why can't I remember it?

"Shravan, did you ever bring Ria here?"

"she hates trekking"

"so do I"

"but still you agreed and made it till here"

Those few words were enough to define what our relationship was about, even though it was a few weeks since we started afresh. It was a beautiful feeling to make new memories with the same person and the hope that he will remember the time we spent together someday.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys, I am back with another update!

Sumo has a lot more stored for her birthday and this is just the beginning!

I hope you all liked it :)

do tell me in the comments below! :D