Chapter 21 - It was always you (Happy 5th Anniversary EDKV)

Today

Shravan

No, I can't do this, not to myself and not to Ria. Yes, I am saying this when I am about to go to shaadi ka mandap. But how the hell am I supposed to stop all this, and over the top convince my entire family who was waiting for me?

Shravan you are going to face a huge wrath but you have to do it, it is because of your stupid mind and feelings that you are too late to this.

I took a deep breath and went down. Ria, oh my god how gorgeous she looked in that peach lehenga. Unfortunately she wasn't the one as I thought. I am going to go to her and break her heart. This is going to be tough.

I walked into the mandap, and said holding myself together to say it, "Ria I can't do this" but that was fast. I don't think she even got what I said.

"come again, what did you say?"

"Ria, I said, I can't do this!"

"can't do what?"

"this, our wedding, us"

"you are kidding right? You don't mean it"

Now everyone's eyes turned to us. I thought we should take this to a room instead of making a scene in front of everyone. I asked dad and Ria that I wanted to talk to her in private.

I went back to a room with Ria,

"Ria, I know you will be very angry at me now, it is all my fault but you deserve better than me, we have to call this wedding off."

"But why are you saying this? Did I do something, you can't do this to me"

"I know, it is wrong but if I marry you I am going to ruin yours and my life. We won't ever be happy"

She came close to me, and kept her palm over my chest, "why? Is it because you love someone else?"

How did she know?

With fury and hesitation a yes came out, I held her hand, "I know Ria, you didn't see this coming but I remember things now, things that happened before my accident and even how my accident happened in first place"

"you know, I was always afraid your past will ruin us, and it did. I love you Shravan, and I thought you did too. I thought even you wanted to make memories with me for a lifetime."

I looked her in the eye, "Ria, I like you I really do, but I can't love you. You are an amazing friend"

"but not your best friend, there was and always has been one person who reserved both the places in your life"

"you are my friend too.."

"oh cut it Shravan, you know what your consolation means nothing to me, I might be overreacting but telling a bride on her wedding day to cancel her wedding is not cool. You could have said this at any point of time, there was sangeet, there were two days before the wedding, yet you found this very day to tell me that you want to call off this wedding?"

"I know I know, you are angry and hurt and you have every right to be, I am going to take the heat, don't worry! No one is going to question you"

I called my family and explained the entire situation to them. My dad was not happy to hear this because the RIVALRY between Malhotras and Tiwaris never got resolved.

But anyways they somehow managed to give a reason to our guests and called off the wedding. Ria and her parents didn't come back to even talk to me, I know how miserable they felt and it was all my fault.