XXIX. PAGSISISI

I was covering my mouth the whole time , pushing, bumping and squeezing my way out from the club.

I was trying my best to gather my shits up but it was sort of difficult especially when you know you were trying to run from someone.

I shook my head in disbelief.

The memory made me want to puke. And so I did the moment I reached my car. Dahil siguro ito sa alak. At sa nasaksihan ko kanina.

Sigurado akong si Vice iyon. Pero bakit nya nagawang magsinungaling sakin? Bakit kailangan nya akong paasahin?Lasing din ba sya?

Nasaan na ba si Anne? Where the hell did she go?

She wiped her mouth and spat.

Agad syang sumakay sa kotse nya at nagmamadaling umalis.

My life was already miserable. Life was always full of misfortunes. Your happiness only lasts for a short period of time. There was no end to trouble. The happiness was only there to keep you going. To keep you motivated for a vague matter of time. For you to know that life in not that hard, when it actually is.

K felt her eyes burning and she absolutely began to cry now. Her phone started ringing and without looking at the caller ID she answered it.

"Where the heck are you?????"

"Sis.. sis... na .. nakita  ko... si ..

Vice.. " she utterly answered while crying.

"Are you driving?? You should've not drive.!!!!!Where are you and I'll pick you up.. " natarantang tanong ni Anne.

"I don't where I am now.. "

VICE POV.

How did I become so careless? K.. sagutin mo naman 'tong tawag ko.. Pls naman..

Nakailang dial na sya sa cellphone ni K pero wala pa ring sumasagot. Hindi sya mapakali at naiinis sa kanyang sarili.

K.. sorry .. di ko sinasadyang makita mo kami ni Terrence. Ang huling naaalala ko ay kinocomfort ko lang naman sya dahil kakamatay lang ng nanay nya..

Mapapatawad mo pa kaya ako?

Will u ever accept mo or even forgive me after all this happened?

No she wont.

Yeah I thought so.

"Uwi na tayo? Hatid na kita?" Terrence tapped his shoulder.

Bago pa sya nakasagot ay nakita nyang tumawatawag si Anne sa cellphone nya..

He pressed the unlock button and answered the call.

"Vi--Vice?"

Vice braced his self and he knew something is wrong.

"Anne? Anong problema?"

A pause.

A dreary one. I could kill myself for it. I was scared.

"Si K-- ano-- di ko alam.. anong gagawin ko.. Help me pls--"

Hindi pa man natapos si Anne ay dumiretso na si Vice sa kotse nya. Di na nya pinansin pa si Terrence.

Ang alam nya ay kailangan nyang puntahan si K sa hospital. Pilit nyang itinatanggi na mali ang iniisip nya. Na mali ang hinala nya. But when he asked Annne what happened he knew that she would bring the worst of all he could think of.

"Kailangan ka nya. Naaksidente sya--"

Di pwede 'to. I know she would say it but how come I found myself being swallowed by the earth alive?
Di ko na alam anong bang ginagawa ko. I just found myself driving away from the club and off to the hospital.

K..

Nagpatuloy na nagdrive si Vice patungong hospital. And he felt like driving forever.

Simula ng tumawag si Anne sa kanya ay di na sya mapakali pa. He felt like a big bag of air had been knocked out of his lungs na halos di sya makahinga.

He ran trembling fingers on his hair back and fourth. He felt like screaming. His brain wanted to explode. His heart was about to jump out of his mouth. He felt terrible. His hurt.

Lumala yung nararamdaman nya ng papalapit sya sa hospital. His afraid to find K lying there with loads of bruise, cuts , fractures , no memory at all or worst dead.

He parked at some opened lot and busted his way out, rushing towards the door and on the counter.

"Uhmmm.. Ana Karylle Tatlonghari pls?" his voice hoarse.

The lady , in her mid fourty look look at him and down to the clipboard.

"Nasa ER sya ngayon.."

ER?

Emergency Room?

K

K

K

K

K

Paulit ulit na tumatakbo sa isip nya habang tumatakbo sya sa emergency room. Pero ng nasa harap na sya ng emergency at parang nasemento ang kanyang mga paa. Parang di sya makalakad.

He pulled what's left on his strength to walk. Sinisisi nya ang kanyang sarili.

This all my fault for being a dickwat not being there to look for her protection.

Yes.

All my damn fault. Kasalanan ko to. Bakit ba nangyayari to sakin. Kung di nya lang talaga ako nakita dun na yakap yakap si Tettence di sya sana nagwalkout at nagdrive. Kasalanan ko ito kung bakit naaksidente sya.

Kund di ko sana pinuntahan si Terrence at sumunod sa event di sana wala tayo dito sa hospital. I wish I became more responsible. But it's too late to blame things. But know I want to see her. I badly need to see her.

Hinawakan nya ang doorknob at tinignan ang nakasulat sa pinto na "ER" bago buksan ito.

Bumungad sa pinto si Anne na umiiyak kasama sina Vhong at Billy.  He saw a body covered by a white sheet. It was the most unpleasant thing he had ever seen and it was so heartbreaking. They were crying in front of it. Unti unting tumulo ang kanyang mga luha. The doctor and the nurses faced him.

"Anong nagyari? Di pwede----"

"I'm sorry she couldn't make it. Ginawa na namin ang lahat--"